| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Another CB ??? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45525 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | MNKK [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Another CB ??? |
For my birthday, My wife ordered me a (Cheaper) CB radio. Partially for our move to NC. (Something to listen to on the way?!) My question to you guys is... What kind of antenna should I go with, if I am planning on "Upgrading" sometime in the future? Just curious... I actually plan on heading out to the almost local truck stop, to pick up any other items I need for it.... Thanks... |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It depends on what you want to use the CB for. For just trail use any cheap one will work. A magnet mount for trail would be easy to put on and tack off as needed. If you plan on talking skip all over the country and other countries a better one would be your choice. Terry |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
floppy weiner antennas do great for vehicle to vehicle or trail stuff i need to get one for mine so I can fit into the garage.. that's assumine I can fit into the garage to begin with lol |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
And what might they "FWA" look like??? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
12-18 inch rubber coated "rubber duck" antenna they flop around easily which makes them perfect for magnetic mounts they perform better than handhelds but not as good as typical 'permanent' mount antennas they also tend to be pretty good at not picking up alot of interference here's an example of one http://www.westcoastmall.net/astatic-vm ... acb6e0b33f |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That looks pretty good for trail use! Terry |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
expecially if ya 'tuck' it down inside a roof basket or behind your roof lights or something so that limbs have a REAL difficult time getting more than halfway down the antenna but typically ya have trouble pulling duck magnets off your roof with your hands so yeah, for magnet purposes, it sure is "SWELL" as the Beav would say worst case is a limb snakes it's way under the coax and drags it but that's what felt is for |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If you get it to close to a metal object like a basket you might screw up your Standing Wave Ratio. It would cut down your range but on trails, so what...stick it on the back tire rim. That is called being on the "Flat Side". Terry |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
This is the one I am getting now. I really like the idea of that antenna. I was going to go with a 4' fiberglass stick, but i kind of like the whole lower profile deal. Thanks bud... http://www.westcoastmall.net/midland-10 ... acb6e0b33f PS... Amazon listed the antenna cheaper. In case anyone was interested. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
yeah i just did a quick search to find an example, that link definitely wasn't a "you should buy this one" I may end up downgrading mine to a rubber duck and strapping my 4 footer to the headliner or something would make things simpler with garages and what not |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I know, I just posted, for informational purposes only.... Found it cheaper. In case someone else was interested in this also... Thanks Jughead. I don't know if I have ever asked, What is your MOS? And active or reserve? Hope to meet you when we get out of here. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|