LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Roof Lights
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45562
Page 1 of 1

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Roof Lights

Ok, I got a present from my parents that just got here, 4 Hella 500 lights and I want to mount them to my black widow basket...

anyone have any mounting ideas that they came up with that is sturdy??

thanks,

Steve

Author:  Murphyman [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:22 am ]
Post subject: 

I would say "X2" but I've been wondering this for a few days, so...

X68.

I want to get a roof basket like the BW, to mount 4 Hellas and a snowboard rack. So if you can buy/make some light mounts for the BW, I'm all for it! Hard to justify a $300 rack for my purpose, when the BW is $100.

Author:  STINGN [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 am ]
Post subject: 

Murphyman wrote:
I would say "X2" but I've been wondering this for a few days, so...

X68.

I want to get a roof basket like the BW, to mount 4 Hellas and a snowboard rack. So if you can buy/make some light mounts for the BW, I'm all for it! Hard to justify a $300 rack for my purpose, when the BW is $100.


o i feel for ya there on the $100, cant beat it..but the other companies have these (how to mount stuff for idiots stuff for sale) like the hi-lift, lights, shovel lol

Author:  Murphyman [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:08 am ]
Post subject: 

I've seen some light mounts by Surco, and I'm sure some of those other companies make some like you said. Just curious if any of those would fit the BW, possibly with some slight adjustments. Will follow this post religiously haha.

Author:  KJKev [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's the Surco mountsh.

http://www.surcoinc.com/R-BRacc.html

I would think you can find something locally at a farm supply store though.
Or maybe make your own out of some flat metal.

Author:  tommudd [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Or drill through the basket and mount some "eye bolts" can get different sizes and they will hold the lights good as well , plus they are cheap! :wink:

Author:  STINGN [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
Or drill through the basket and mount some "eye bolts" can get different sizes and they will hold the lights good as well , plus they are cheap! :wink:


good call i think ill do that

Author:  ga_repoman [ Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

I did just that with those same product

eyebolts blackwidow basket hella 500's

been holding for 6 months now

Author:  STINGN [ Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:48 am ]
Post subject: 

ga_repoman wrote:
I did just that with those same product

eyebolts blackwidow basket hella 500's

been holding for 6 months now


picture please :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/