LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Different Battery Location (or Dual Battery setup)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45576
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dirt pig [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 am ]
Post subject:  Different Battery Location (or Dual Battery setup)

Has anyone moved their Battery from the engine bay?
Or Has anyone found an alternative location to mount the Battery? ie under vehicle

I'm considering a dual battery setup and am trying to work out whether to just mount the Aux in the back, taking up valuable space. Or find an alternative location.

Author:  Fulltimer [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't know if it will fit but what about under the back seat? If you use glass mat batteries they can be mounted in any position. Even upside down! The only thing is you would need to have both of them be glass mat...I think.

Terry

Author:  dirt pig [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:54 am ]
Post subject: 

Under the back seat is out because I've got my HiLift stored under there.
You are right about both batteries being the same type. I've got an optima Blue under my hood, so looking for another location for Aux hopefully somewhere underneath.

Author:  ChileanKJ [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 am ]
Post subject: 

In AUS they have a dual battey kit for the KJ look here

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=49033

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/