| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| eBay Foglights - do they fit and work? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45695 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | eBay Foglights - do they fit and work? |
Alright so I lost both of the fog light housing things on my 04 Liberty. The black piece with horizontal lines. So with those two ugly holes I was thinking of putting fog lights in there but I want them to fill out the hole thing, not just any fog light. Do any of those eBay ones fit and work? I really don't care if they are bright or last long, I have 6 Hella's for brightness. If they fit and produce some light then it's good enough for me. What do you guys have out there. Thanks Ryan |
|
| Author: | KJKev [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If you watch what you buy there is no reason lights bought of eBay shouldn't work. Check out Snappylights. They've got a bunch of different stuff and will mix and match for you. I sent the guy a pm asking about something particular and got a response back in 5 minutes. Check em out. No, snappy isn't paying me to say this. lol. |
|
| Author: | Prospect62 [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I happen to have a couple of those "black pieces with the horizontal lines" sitting in a box if you want them. Brand new. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The '02-'04 fog light holes are not round in a KJ so a round fog lamp will look funny. |
|
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: The '02-'04 fog light holes are not round in a KJ so a round fog lamp will look funny.
Yea thats why I was looking at something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIBERTY-02-03-04-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHTS-HALO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5d24f77859QQitemZ400052156505QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories. It looks like it has the correct shape and size and I'd rather spend money on those than black plastic stuff that does nothing. Prospect62, I might take you up on that offer later if I can't find a good deal on fitting fog lights. Ryan |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
86 bucks each and you can not tell what they look like, not a good deal . heck I sold my bumper with original lights in it yet for 60 or 65 check around |
|
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness. Ryan |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
lilblkblt04 wrote: Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness. All included.................
Ryan http://jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=48&osCsid=065323da2b175c122096f568c4e10a46 |
|
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: lilblkblt04 wrote: Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness. All included.................Ryan http://jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=48&osCsid=065323da2b175c122096f568c4e10a46 I meant just he light and housing...people are selling those on eBay all the time for like $40 a piece and I think to wire it up would only cost like $20 tops. I'm a college student and I don't have money growing on trees so cheaper the better. Ryan |
|
| Author: | Murphyman [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
This might be a dumb idea, because I don't know how the 02-04 bumpers look when they are trimmed, but I like the look of a trimmed bumper. The only way I have seen the 02-04 bumpers trimmed is with those 2 holes cut out. And I personally don't like that specific look. Is there anyway else to trim it? Or are you looking to keep it how it is? Also, that mod is FREE |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
lilblkblt04 wrote: tjkj2002 wrote: lilblkblt04 wrote: Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness. All included.................Ryan http://jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=48&osCsid=065323da2b175c122096f568c4e10a46 I meant just he light and housing...people are selling those on eBay all the time for like $40 a piece and I think to wire it up would only cost like $20 tops. I'm a college student and I don't have money growing on trees so cheaper the better. Ryan |
|
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: You wanted to spend $172(+ $34 S/H) for HID housings only and then more $$$ to wire them in.
When did I say that? |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
lilblkblt04 wrote: tjkj2002 wrote: You wanted to spend $172(+ $34 S/H) for HID housings only and then more $$$ to wire them in. When did I say that? Quote: lilblkblt04
Yea thats why I was looking at something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIB ... ccessories. It looks like it has the correct shape and size and I'd rather spend money on those than black plastic stuff that does nothing. |
|
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well those are only $86 for the pair and $17 s+h. And I said something like those...I didn't say I was going to buy those. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: 86 bucks each and you can not tell what they look like, not a good deal .
heck I sold my bumper with original lights in it yet for 60 or 65 check around What idiot took you up on that offer ThunderbirdJunkie sez: Get the OE foglight kit. Comes with the MF switch, wiring, and two lights for like 200 bones. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|