LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

HID LIGHTS ????
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45854
Page 1 of 1

Author:  AR4X4 [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 am ]
Post subject:  HID LIGHTS ????

Im would like to convert all my lights into HID lights. I have an 05' renegade. Im wondering if anyone has done it, if so any pics? How much would that cost and how hard is it to do? THANKS

Author:  AR4X4 [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anyone have any light urgrades or anything diffrent? Im talking about the bulbs not replacing the lights. Pics???

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

people on here do.. Go to the search function and type in HID and you well get the results. if not someone well soon reply that has them. I am going to do IPF fatboys in the kj housing.

Author:  stylistik [ Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  lights

carid.com has hid headlight kit for our jeeps and I am gonna buy one as soon as i can get the money to buy 145.99 and you can choose from like 4 different colors.... high beam and low beam is a lil more 199.99 carid.com

Author:  NIGHT GOBLIN [ Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Mine!

:twisted: I love these things I have HIDS on my KJ , silverado and my miata. The head lamps are 6000k and 3000k (yellow) in the fog lamps.

Image
Image
Image

Author:  Prospect62 [ Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

I bought one of those HID conversion kits...the real deal not just the blue bulbs. I bought them in 4300k color temperature (the whitest, cleanest light available). Looked cool, really cool. Bright like the sun, really lit up the road.

Problem was they blinded everybody in front of me like really bad. Oncoming traffic in the middle of the night I could see people's faces inside the car like it was daytime! It got to the point where I couldn't stand the thought of blinding people so bad and I took them out and sold them. The KJ's headlamp housings were not designed for HID's and the light scatter is not conducive to road driving. Plus these kits are "for offroad use only" and are an illegal modification to a street vehicle.

I'm back to the 7 year old factory bulbs and they work just fine. Between the headlights, fog lights and any off road lights you might stick on (like Hella 500's on the bumper or something), you should have plenty of light for most circumstances.

I think there are retrofit kits out there that replace the entire headlamp housing with a projector beam type unit...that's the ONLY way I'd recommend safely doing this and remaining in-line with the law (most cops may not bother you, but if there's ever an accident as a result of your headlights...watch out) I'm not even sure those exist for the Liberty and if they do they are probably quite costly.

Author:  stylistik [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

not the ones on carid.com....they say they come with a oem thingy for the pigs I mean cops to see when they pull you over for nothing......if bmws can have them why cant anyone else.....they are the same thing as the beemers

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

I bought ones from VME. they are awesome i need to get some night pic's of them

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Image

look like during the day

Author:  wingnuts [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

stylistik wrote:
not the ones on carid.com....they say they come with a oem thingy for the pigs I mean cops to see when they pull you over for nothing......if bmws can have them why cant anyone else.....they are the same thing as the beemers


You are wrong they are not the same thing as the BMWs, Benz, Hyndai, Nissan, and everyone else that uses them. All those vehicles use a projector style housing your Jeep uses a reflector style housing. The reflector style cause an immense ammount of glare because it does not provide proper light cut off that a projector style does and not all lamp projectors are designed for HIDs either.

Take for example a Mazda 3, say 2006 for example. The low beam uses a projector style housing, but if it doesn't come with the HIDs it is a different style, The true HID projectors are adjustable and are motorized for the fact that if you have a load in the trunk it causes the front end of the car to raise causing the cut off line to shine up higher, you then adjust this down so you are not blinding oncoming drivers. Do people do this, most of the time no, but should they, YES.

Ok so this You Tube link is a Britsh video but same still applies here in the US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/