| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| install Sirius Radio http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45947 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | install Sirius Radio |
I would like to put my little sirius tuner in my jeep. I had it in my subie and it played through the FM via a direct wire relay to the radio for clean sound. the bad thing is I did not remembr how to take the direct FM moduale out from behind the subie's radio when trying to get everything out of the car at the stealership the day i traded it and it went with the car. I could buy another if needed I guess but why if there is way thats easier. My jeep has the CD player with NAV and a changer, from the controls it looks like it may have an AUX input I could plug the sirius into. Does any one know if it does and if so where I can find it and instructions to pull the radio out if needed? Thanks |
|
| Author: | Hood297 [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
take a picture of you head unit please (stereo). If you have an aux input on the radio and an audio jack on you sat radio receiver then you should be able to do it. to remove the head unit (if necessary) there is a screw forward of the gear shift, next to the power outlet, remove it. then simply pull off the plastic around the Headunit, It simply clips in and a good pull will remove it. using a knife or small flat blade screw driver will make this easyyy. then you should have 4 screws holding it in and it just pulls out. hope this helped some! |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
THank that is some help, I did get it installed with what I had. I found I had an FM antenna thing I did not use before so I tried that. basicly its a thing you put near the vehicle's antenna to extend the sirius radio's fm output close to you vehicle's. It only worked out so well, I thought I had a victory cus it sounded ok in front of the house but when I went out driving around there was static and at one point i was near a car in trafic that must have also had a sat radio cus theirs overpowered mine. anyway I took pics of what I have done and my head unit, they are in my google album since I have not figured out how to post them directly here on this forum. you can look at them Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Mikey1273/MyJeep# my radio has no aux jack on the front but the buttons make me think there is one some where. I also have the cd changer in the cargo area. |
|
| Author: | Hood297 [ Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mikey1273 wrote: i was near a car in trafic that must have also had a sat radio cus theirs overpowered mine.
anyway I took pics of what I have done and my head unit, they are in my google album since I have not figured out how to post them directly here on this forum. you can look at them Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Mikey1273/MyJeep# my radio has no aux jack on the front but the buttons make me think there is one some where. I also have the cd changer in the cargo area. Yea that will happen, I have a sirius receiver that has that extender line thing but I've never mounted it, It comes through kinda clear.. not perfect. Even with my monster audio FM transmitter for my MP3 player sometimes gets over powered. I just deal with it or move to another frequency. The older receivers have more transmit power than the newer ones because the FCC made them turn it down due to interference issues... There is probably a place in the back of your HU that has RCA inputs, but the CD changer may be whats currently taking those places since it was an option. When you hit CD/AUX does it go to CD or CD then with another press go to AUX? |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
When I hit the CD/ Aux button it goes from cd (in-dash) to the changer and back, no AUX is displayed. I am thinking of buying and wiring this thing in, I think it will work great. the kit comes with the direct FM THing I miis so and a power module so I don't have to use the dash outlet. http://www.amazon.com/Sirius-Profession ... 098&sr=1-5 I will just need to find a good ground and switched hot to tap from. |
|
| Author: | lil black liberty [ Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hood297 wrote: mikey1273 wrote: i was near a car in trafic that must have also had a sat radio cus theirs overpowered mine. anyway I took pics of what I have done and my head unit, they are in my google album since I have not figured out how to post them directly here on this forum. you can look at them Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Mikey1273/MyJeep# my radio has no aux jack on the front but the buttons make me think there is one some where. I also have the cd changer in the cargo area. Yea that will happen, I have a sirius receiver that has that extender line thing but I've never mounted it, It comes through kinda clear.. not perfect. Even with my monster audio FM transmitter for my MP3 player sometimes gets over powered. I just deal with it or move to another frequency. The older receivers have more transmit power than the newer ones because the FCC made them turn it down due to interference issues... There is probably a place in the back of your HU that has RCA inputs, but the CD changer may be whats currently taking those places since it was an option. When you hit CD/AUX does it go to CD or CD then with another press go to AUX? Wanna know how to fix the antenna problem? Disconnect the FM Antenna at the base down on the right hand side of the jeep in that panel by the front passenger door.. Pull that sucker out and I guarantee you won't have any interference then just your FM transmitter will be picked up.. and if that don't work just extend the antenna with some copper wire.. not that hard to do.. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|