| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Door speakers http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=46105 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Door speakers |
What size are they? What brand recommend for replacement? |
|
| Author: | tumanator [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
6 3/4" for both the front and rear, my personal recommendation for speaker replacements is the Alpine SPR 17-C speakers. IMHO they have a good range, great sound, and excellent response to many types of music. If you plan on replacing the tweeter's the stock are 1" but they are shallow to most aftermarket replacements. If you plan on replacing the tweeters in the dash you will have to fab up a custom mount, there are a couple write ups done but I can't seem to access them to give you the link right now. When it comes back up I'll post them. Here's a link to the speakers though http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPR17C/Alpine-SPR-17C.html?tp=105 or if your in the market for a component system (more pricey but better - lets you customize your tweeter and woofer placements - and it separates the high and low frequency signals acting as a pass-through to each speaker/ tweeter) http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPR17S/Alpine-SPR-17S.html?tp=105 *Edit i say the speakers are 6 3/4" (because that's the stock size) but you can fit pretty much any 6 1/2" speaker as well just use the mounting hardware that comes with most speakers |
|
| Author: | JeepBumm68 [ Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
if you want some great speakers go with either boston,focal, or the infinity kappa's. |
|
| Author: | tomsjeep [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I became a believer in the Infinity Kappas. Have them in my TJ, and they are loud and clear. Just worlds of difference, you get real sound, and can hear the music instead of mush. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Polk |
|
| Author: | JeepBumm68 [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
polks are not bad either. The infinity kappas for me are great. i run them in my TJ and going down the highway at 75 with no top and no doors on, i can hear ever word and i barely turn the sound system up. |
|
| Author: | tumanator [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here's one of the write-ups on the tweeter install (personally the stock tweeters were good enough for me, I just got the 2 way door speakers) it's from bennett over at kjcountry http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25613 |
|
| Author: | Quicksilversurf917 [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Tokyojoe wrote: Polk
X1000000000!!!!! polk db6501 rull range with tweeters |
|
| Author: | tomsjeep [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You know the thing about speakers, unless you're getting studio monitors that have 'no color', sound coloration is very subjective. I like the brassy sound of the Kappas, a lot of people love Bose, others recite "No highs, no lows, must be Bose" and so on... you should audtion your speakers ahead of time to get some that sound like what you want them to sound like, or you won't be happy. So in regards to the whole speaker thing, there is no right or wrong, just what sounds right to you. And it will differ from person to person. |
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks for the replies. The passenger side speaker is busted & I need a replacement. I also want a headunit with Ipod connection & could possibly still use the driver controls. I havent read the links yet. I will get around to it. So much thing I need to do. |
|
| Author: | tumanator [ Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
personally check the HU in my sig, I absolutely love that thing. That HU alone proly over doubled the sound quality in my jeep, plus you can run your ipod off the HU and hide the thing in the glove box. |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tumanator wrote: personally check the HU in my sig, I absolutely love that thing. That HU alone proly over doubled the sound quality in my jeep, plus you can run your ipod off the HU and hide the thing in the glove box.
I agree with Tumanator, I also have a kenwood (a line lower than his, eXcelon X590) and I love this thing (until the LED screen died on me) It has been exactly 3 years, no mechanical or sound problems, it has bunch of preamps and controls, superior sound to anything I have ever heard in a jeep, and best of all, all this with stock premium speakers. You really don't need to replace anything.. Finally my front door speaker got seperated and started buzzing, so I turned down the bass in the front, and bought a subwoofer.. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|