LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Ipod, hiss and gas
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=46155
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Xodius [ Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Ipod, hiss and gas

About three weeks ago I noticed that sometimes when I step on the gas my speakers hiss, but only when my ipod is plugged in and playing. When I switch it back to radio the hissing goes away...my first thought was a grounding issue...what do you think? Could my ipod be going out or could it be the US Spec Ipod interface?

I double checked all the wire connections except the one form the deck to the interface and all are tight and good. I thought perhaps something was touching the RCA ports on the interface but there is nothing in the glove box with it and the ipod and the ipod is in a silicone shell.

Anyone else have this issue?
Oh btw, here is a link to the interface....
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11CHR ... tml?tp=120
It is a couple years old now but that should not matter...I would not think.

Author:  tomsjeep [ Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'll bet the connector is not coax - so the two parallel wires running along that close are probably acting like a little antenna.

Author:  Xodius [ Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well, the one end that plugs into the the radio is the same material as your antenna. So if that is coax in the sense of car audio then it is. The other wire plugs into the other side and is a...more or less S video on one end and a ipod plug on the other. If it was acting like an antenna which it maybe doing so, why did it only now start? I would think it would be doing it from nearly the beginning.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:58 am ]
Post subject: 

loss of twist or shield in the ipod cord, aging h/u with a resistor or capacitor thats losing their spunk

one way to test it is to try a friends ipod cord or something

Author:  Xodius [ Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:22 am ]
Post subject: 

Will do.
Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/