| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Comet CP-5M mounted on rear glass? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=46371 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | WXJeep [ Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Comet CP-5M mounted on rear glass? |
I have an 09 KK and have a Comet CP-5M mount with a Comet CA-2X4SR antenna. The KK does not have many lip mount areas. When I ordered it, I had intended on mounting it on the side of the hood as close up to the passenger side of the windshield as possible, but after getting it I noticed there was not enough clearance. I mounted it to the right of the driver side taillight but that only allowed about 7 inches of the antenna to stick above the roof line and reception was not very good. So then I moved it as far forward as possible on top of the rear driver side door. Reception there was good, no wind noise, but I really didn't care for the looks. This morning I moved it to the bottom edge of the rear glass and it looks real good, reception is good, but I am concerned that it may damage the glass. What are your thoughts? I have not hooked a meter to it yet to check for any losses, will do so later tonight. You can see how it looked mounted on the door, I really didn't care for it in that location.
|
|
| Author: | WXJeep [ Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
This mounting location was a failure. Very scratchy into a repeater that is only 9 miles away. I remounted it on the driver door just above the mirror. It looks pretty good and I am getting good signal reports. |
|
| Author: | corwyyn [ Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
How about on the passenger side, opposite of the location shown in the picture? I have a similar mount with a Comet SBB-7 dual-band antenna on the rear gate of my KJ, I have more than half of the antenna length above the roof line and get into repeaters 60+ miles away. Or if possible maybe on the lip of the lift gate up towards the top? I've not had a good chance to look at a KK for mounting locations so this one is just a guess. |
|
| Author: | WXJeep [ Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I will take a picture of my new location tomorrow after the sun comes up. The top of the lift gate is pretty much out of the question because the glass goes edge to edge. Any spot that the antenna is mounted leaves less than a 1/4 of antenna above the roof line. Got your PM, thanks for the welcome. I have been here in Clovis for 1.5 years now. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|