| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| 2007 factory fog lights: Question on replacment http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=46423 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Cpike [ Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 2007 factory fog lights: Question on replacment |
Hi Guys, One of my factory fog lights just went out in my 2007 limited kj. My dad said I should just go to a garage and have them replace it...But I just can't justify that. Am I right to assume that I have to take off my front grille to replace the fog light? And does anyone have a guide to replace it? Pictures would be nice. Thanks, -Chris |
|
| Author: | Khaki-KJ [ Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If the fog light bulb just burned out, then you replace the bulb. I think it is a 9045. Any auto parts store will stock it. If the foglight itself is damaged / broken, then that will have to be repaired or replaced. |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yea you need to pull the grill off then there is a few screws to remove the housing to get to the socket. open the hood, the grill is a snap on style with four or five clips. pull them up then the grill is out exposing the screws. it takes litteraly 2 minutes to replace. |
|
| Author: | Khaki-KJ [ Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just to clarify my post, replacing a burned out bulb is done from inside the engine compartment. The bulb is on a twist fitting. Twist out, make sure you keep track of the blue "spacer", replace bulb and re-insert the twist fitting. To replace a damaged foglight lens or housing you have to remove the grill. |
|
| Author: | Cpike [ Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Granted I'm still a beginer when it comes to vehicles...But you guys make it seem so easy. I see 6 clips that are part of the Chrome Grille. I Can't easily budge the grille...And I don't really want to pull to hard and snap it. It feels like its being held in the middle of the grille to something... Can I get some more help, sorry to be a pain but Im not having such an easy time with getting it out without brute force. Thanks. |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Pm me ur email and I'll email some pics. Can't post them to the board from my phone. |
|
| Author: | Cpike [ Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks will do |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|