| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Mopar Remote Start Kit? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=47311 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lil black liberty [ Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Mopar Remote Start Kit? |
First, I have a 2WD and no remote start... I would like remote start especially in the wintery months it would be nice, yes.. Second, how hard would it be to put this kit in? It comes with everything to put it in and would you recommend it? |
|
| Author: | Stefano [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
the wiring isnt too difficult as long as you have past experience doing wiring like this, it is something totally different than installing a stereo, ive never installed a Mopar R/S but ive done hundreds of the vipers, but the end result should be the same, youll have to find and tag the running lights wire, the 12+ constant, IGN, Starter will have to be cut in half and wired correctly, and the Tach wire, im sure it comes with a manual on how to program the tach, but it probably wont come with wire locations or colors. as long as you have a good DMM it should be too hard |
|
| Author: | Atrus [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My vote would be to skip the overpriced Mopar unit and get yourself a DEI 561T (or 561R). Basically the same amount of work, but I think the DEI is better plus it's cheaper. |
|
| Author: | wingnuts [ Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
gonna cost you more money, but you get the exact same thing that the dealership would get if you had them do it. Nothing special and only a few wires to splice. I personally didn't think it was that hard at all, except for getting the wires through the firewall, because of this it too me all day to get this done, granted I was also doing a couple other things at the same time. I installed one on my 07 KJ before I got rid of it and got a KK. |
|
| Author: | Dje Ryu [ Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just got a Bulldog R/S kit for my birthday. Never installed anything like this so I have a couple questions, also. Do I need the security bypass module? Will I have to hide a 2nd transponder key in the KJ? Thanks. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|