LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Where to put the stereo amp...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=47773
Page 1 of 1

Author:  LostRenegade [ Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  Where to put the stereo amp...

My son gave me his stereo system from his old car. :D :D :D I am going to replace my stereo with his plus add in the amps and sub that where included.

Where is a good place to put the amps so they don't get in the way of cargo?

Has anyone mounted speakers in the rear hatch door?

Author:  valvestem [ Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where to put the stereo amp...

LostRenegade wrote:
My son gave me his stereo system from his old car. :D :D :D I am going to replace my stereo with his plus add in the amps and sub that where included.

Where is a good place to put the amps so they don't get in the way of cargo?

Has anyone mounted speakers in the rear hatch door?


I don't think there is room in the rear gate for speakers.

Most peeps just end up putting them in the cargo area. Too bad, the old Cherokees had great hidey-holes under the rear seats, great for amps etc. You could try under the front passenger seat.

Author:  SoDakJeep [ Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have my amp screw to the back of my sub box.

Author:  LostRenegade [ Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

What about the amp for the main speakers?

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

depending on the size of the amps....under the front seats.

How about mounting on the inside of the roof upside down in the cargo area?

Author:  AMPlibby06 [ Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine fits perfectly under the back seat :D

Author:  LostRenegade [ Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

I am going to do the install tomorrow. So far I am leaning toward putting the sub amp under a seat, haven`t decided which one, and probably going to mount the main speaker amp on the driver side wall of the cargo area.

Author:  Neatus [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 am ]
Post subject: 

I mounted my amp where my stock jack went under the rear passenger seat. I used the existing jack bolt mount to secure it to the floor.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/