| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Routing for CB coax cable http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=48072 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | dgeist [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Routing for CB coax cable |
I've chosen the body seam adjacent to passenger side junction of the tailgate and glass (up and to the right of the grab handle) for my CB Antenna mount and will be putting the radio end by the driver's knee-plate. Can anyone with a similar mounting location recommend the path to run the CB coax (behind which panels, cross under the carpet where, etc)? I want to try to avoid taking the whole jeep apart to try to find something that'll work. Also, the bodywork surrounding the rear glass (where the weatherstripping mounts) has no penetrations in it. Is there a good way to get the coax into the interior without drilling or should I just bite the bullet and silicone/grommet a new hole through the unibody near the rear gate catch? Thanks. Dan |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellocoyote wrote: What I did:
Remove the passenger side rear tail light - there's a opening in the body behind the light (it had a piece of tape over it when I did mine). Run the coax thru that opening, and it will come out underneath the plastic in the cargo area. You'll have to pull the molding away from the body on the interior of the cargo area to get to it, but it's not difficult. Pull the entire length of the coax inside, and remount the plastic molding. From there, I pushed the coax just underneath the plastic trim, the entire length of the vehicle - from the rear of the vehicle all the way to the front, passenger side door area. I did the exact same thing I quoted as Jayme did , however - I went under the passenger seat, then under the center console (have to remove the screws in the bottom of the box to lift the console, routing the coax under towards the left side of the console, past the gear shifter & transfer case shifter, then up under the dash. Mind you, I ran a 18' ft coax from the antenna mount to the "power box" for my Cobra 75 WX ST. This box is mounted behind the dash in the bottom area between the ash tray & gas pedal. With 18'ft of coax, I had plenty of cable. You can't see in this photo, but the coil cable from the "power box" to the all-in-one CB runs up between the top of the console and bottom of ash tray / dash area - to where you see the CB mounted on the dash.
And here is where I installed the Antenna mount. Which reminds me, I was able to pull back the black tape behind the rear tail light and stick it back into position once the coax was thru.
|
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jerry what kid of radio do you have? |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cobra 75 WX ST. Peaked & tuned. Bought it on ebay from some guy in Miami named "Screwdriver". |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i wonder if he owns the Birdcage? |
|
| Author: | oddball [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Huh? FWIW, if you want a CB, Jayme & I both know a guy who owns a shop in Hampshire, IL. His shop is behind a truck stop at I-90 & Rt.20. He is a guru when it comes to mobile electronics (not just CBs). Matter of fact, he is coming out with his own line of CB's. Anyway, last time I was out there (just before our trip to Wisconsin), he was still selling Cobra radios. He mainly sells the high end stuff. He is a Ranger & Galaxy authorized dealer and repair shop. |
|
| Author: | dgeist [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks for all the responses. I think now I just need to decide if I should drill a hole in steel or plastic I'll get some good detailed pictures of the dash mounting. I figured out a way to make the transceiver clip look totally stock without drilling holes in the front of any panels. Dan |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|