LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=51477
Page 1 of 1

Author:  rtj85 [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

I've got one of my fog lights out. Messed around with it today with no success, can't seem to get the housing open.

These fog lights are on the bumper in between the headlights...not in the molding. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Author:  rtj85 [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

I guess my question is, how do I get to the bulb?

Author:  TexasRock [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

If you grab the fog light assembly in one hand, the wiring base (where the bulb plugs into) and turn it, it will seperate.

You can change the bulb with out removing the whole light.

It will seem as if you are going to turn it so hard that you will break it, but you won't.

Author:  rtj85 [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

Are you sure? I tried, pretty good in fact...any harder and I would break it; there is a torx screw on the backside of the light (I'm assuming securing it to the bumper), some kind of hinge (it looks like) underneath the light and then three torx screws (screws are at 12, 4, and 8 o'clock) on the back of the lamp housing. Are we talking about the same fog light?

Before I tried to unscrew the torx securing it to the bumper thinking that would release the lamp and possibly lay the hinge down... but of course that didn't work. I wish I knew how to put pics on here, but this is the first time I've posted anything.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

Dude, don't feel bad.. I tried to open my friends fog lights on his wrangler like a Jar of Pickles

never did manage to get to the bulb.. and was kind of drunk so got distracted and never did fix it

Author:  rtj85 [ Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

I figured it out.

Author:  TnRebel [ Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

So share

Author:  rtj85 [ Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 06 Renegade...Replacing Fog Light Bulb

I was using a screwdriver when I really should have been using a socket wrench. Couldn't put enough force behind the screwdriver. The torx screw on the backside released it from the bumper like I thought.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/