jimymc wrote:
Who ya gonna talk to?
Anyone with a GMRS portable. You know the blister pack radio's you can get at just about any sporting goods store. Most claiming 5 to 20 mile range. I've got a couple of 5W Motorola's that are both FRS/GMRS capable. Having a mobile install capable of 40w will make these little portables very handy. Can't convince the wife to take a portable CB with her, but she has no problem throwing the little Motorola's in her purse.
New set of FCC rules pending that will probably allow anyone to use those GMRS portables straight out of the package without a license. (Everyone is ignoring the licensing rules anyway.) I believe FCC is going to still require licensing for mobiles and anything over 5w. I'm licensed.
_________________
2005 CRD "
Ol' Blue"
Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.
My build page- RL Komodo Rear and TJM Front Bumper, armored, lifted, JBA Steel D30, 4.10s and ARB air lockers.