| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Ipod integration http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=52760 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Vranes17 [ Sat May 15, 2010 6:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Ipod integration |
Looking to add an ipod adapter. Cheaper the better but the ones that play through the radio stations are garbage. What do you guys have in your jeeps? |
|
| Author: | Darwin [ Sun May 16, 2010 2:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ipod integration |
I have a Fusion stereo that instead of having a CD slot the face folds down and the iPod docks inside the actual head unit |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Sun May 16, 2010 11:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ipod integration |
Isn't there a lot of info about this over in the electronics section? |
|
| Author: | Neatus [ Sun May 16, 2010 12:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ipod integration |
Vranes17 wrote: Looking to add an ipod adapter. Cheaper the better but the ones that play through the radio stations are garbage. What do you guys have in your jeeps? If you have the stock stereo then try this from GROM Audio.... http://www.gromaudio.com/store/all-chr.html I had one in my Dodge (same stereo as my Jeep) and I liked it very much. I do have an after market stereo in my Jeep now and I have the Sony adapter for the Sony Deck $30 bucks. |
|
| Author: | Science_Guy [ Mon May 31, 2010 9:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ipod integration |
I used a Peripheral iPod adapter from Cruthfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541PXDP/Pe ... pter&ssi=0) It plugs into the back of the stock radio/CD player and I was able to hide all the wires by drilling a small hole into the console between the front sets. It works great with my nano and I can still use my steering wheel controls to change songs which is nice. Only negative is it does not work well with my iTouch and it does not show song info on my radio/CD player info screen. |
|
| Author: | Neatus [ Mon May 31, 2010 11:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ipod integration |
The Grom Audio one will show song info on the stock stereos screen. Not sure if it will work well with the iTouch |
|
| Author: | PathFinder7 [ Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ipod integration |
The GROM unit sounds awesome, but it says will not work with vehicles equipped with SKIS. Aren't almost all KJs equipped with this pesky trash? I want a GROM, it would be perfect especially since it also has an aux input for the 3.5mm. I could plug in my Cobra 75 and use the Jeep speakers to hear it while wheelin. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|