| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| EVIC INSTALL HELP http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=54921 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | CIMARRON13 [ Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | EVIC INSTALL HELP |
I bought a 99 WJ EVIC off eBay to put into my 05 CRD. It didn't come with any of the harness that goes into the console for me to extend. I have read that I may be screwed with out it. Any suggestions? |
|
| Author: | Zack A [ Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: EVIC INSTALL HELP |
First off your going to need a 05 EVIC (mabey a 04 will work if I remember right) to get the temp to work. As far as the harness....I bought a evic and have everything ready just waiting on mopar to get some mounting brackets in. I used a 4 wire plug out of an old computer that pluged into the CD drive. It works great, Ive got everything wired and it worked great. |
|
| Author: | CIMARRON13 [ Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: EVIC INSTALL HELP |
Ended up finding a WJ harness on eBay for $40 to match. Just will have yards of wire I won't need. Puts me in for $70 total for EVIC and harness. I guess that not to bad. |
|
| Author: | Zack A [ Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: EVIC INSTALL HELP |
CIMARRON13 wrote: Ended up finding a WJ harness on eBay for $40 to match. Just will have yards of wire I won't need. Puts me in for $70 total for EVIC and harness. I guess that not to bad. Thats good. However I don't think that 99 Evic will work 100% in your 05. You need an 04 or newer to work. |
|
| Author: | CIMARRON13 [ Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: EVIC INSTALL HELP |
Finally got around to installing. Temp doesn't work but I knew that already. Says I have 10 miles to empty, 6 MPG average. Obviously a data error. Homelink and trip odometer works. Did the self test and got the J1850 error. Not Receiving J1850 Message The EVIC is not receiving proper message input from the PCI data bus. This can result from one more faulty electronic modules in the vehicle, or a faulty PCI data bus. The use of a DRB scan and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual required for further diagnosis. Don't really know where to go from here. |
|
| Author: | Zack A [ Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: EVIC INSTALL HELP |
I got a evic from a 04 GC. That should work to make the temp work. Let me know if you want to make a deal |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|