LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Speaker Upgrade help.... Part Deux..
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=55014
Page 1 of 1

Author:  mrneen [ Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Speaker Upgrade help.... Part Deux..

Hey everyone... so as some of you Lost KJ's are aware, i have 2 front speakers that are blown. I bought some pioneers 6 1/2
3 way speakers.... and bought an adapter so thast it equls thew 6 3/4... anyway my problem now is the wiring. I have a 2003 sport and i have the Infinity Speakersm(component maybe???) .. with what appears to be an amplifire on it.

Anyway... do i need the amplifer? or can i take it off and attach it to the Pioneers?

Any one else have any other suggestions as to what i should do instead? I figured it would be a clean and easy instal.... apparently it may be a lilttle harder. I'd rather do it myself, and save some cash.

ANy help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Author:  Dave08 [ Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Speaker Upgrade help.... Part Deux..

Just did it today. Take off panel, take out speaker/amp. Cut wires +/- off speaker. detach amp (torx). Set up adapter. Try and find a good spot for amp (good luck), Connect wires. Install.

I have the pioneer 4 ways + crutchfields adapter. When working with the amps expect to take some time playing with the window to make sure it clears the amp.

Got done, sounds much more defined. But made me notice the LR is blown out too.

Author:  mrneen [ Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Speaker Upgrade help.... Part Deux..

Dave08 wrote:
Just did it today. Take off panel, take out speaker/amp. Cut wires +/- off speaker. detach amp (torx). Set up adapter. Try and find a good spot for amp (good luck), Connect wires. Install.

I have the pioneer 4 ways + crutchfields adapter. When working with the amps expect to take some time playing with the window to make sure it clears the amp.

Got done, sounds much more defined. But made me notice the LR is blown out too.


So i can reuse the amp i take it?

also, what was the part number from crutchfield if you know it? i hate wiring up stuff. haha


thanks for the help by the way.

Author:  Dave08 [ Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Speaker Upgrade help.... Part Deux..

Reused Amps, I don't have the part number off hand but they were the $99.99 pioneers (there is only on type at that price/brand). Whenever I get home next I'll end up puling it apart, soldering them and sealing with heat shrink tubing.

Figure around an hour a side if you have never worked with it, maybe more depending on your luck with amp placement.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/