| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Dumb subwoofer question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=55095 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Dumb subwoofer question |
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I was thinking about reinstalling my subs back in my Jeep. I got one out of storage to check how they would fit and noticed that the rubber surround that attaches to the cone and mounting ring has pulled away from the ring all the way around (pic below). Is this considered a blown speaker? Will it sound like crap? I haven't had time to install my amp and try it out to see how it sounds (kinda pointless to go to the trouble to install the amp if the speakers are shot). Thanks in advance.
|
|
| Author: | audiboy86 [ Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dumb subwoofer question |
Yeah it is blown all to he!! if the cone is seperated from the main cage. It will sound like something is loose and rattling around consantly. But there is some hope some people on here have remaned thier door speakers but i dont know how they hold up. They ussually use a rubber like compound something that will stretch as the speaker pluses. |
|
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dumb subwoofer question |
Kinda figured that. |
|
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dumb subwoofer question |
audiboy86 wrote: Yeah it is blown all to he!! if the cone is seperated from the main cage. It will sound like something is loose and rattling around consantly. But there is some hope some people on here have remaned thier door speakers but i dont know how they hold up. They ussually use a rubber like compound something that will stretch as the speaker pluses. Like rubber cement? If the speaker is shot why not try it? I don't plan on buying new subs, I've lived this long w/o them. And the wife would veto that anyway |
|
| Author: | audiboy86 [ Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dumb subwoofer question |
This is true or you could buy my sony 15s and save some money sell you all through with both amps for 600 +shipping of course. |
|
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dumb subwoofer question |
KoRnyBrad wrote: audiboy86 wrote: Yeah it is blown all to he!! if the cone is seperated from the main cage. It will sound like something is loose and rattling around consantly. But there is some hope some people on here have remaned thier door speakers but i dont know how they hold up. They ussually use a rubber like compound something that will stretch as the speaker pluses. Like rubber cement? If the speaker is shot why not try it? I don't plan on buying new subs, I've lived this long w/o them. And the wife would veto that anyway Hmm $2 bottle of rubber cement, or $600. Thanks, but I think I'll pass. After further inspection it isn't tore all the away around like I thought. Just pulled away in 2 3" sections. Wasn't to hard to fix. I'll have to see how it holds up. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dumb subwoofer question |
Surrounds cannot be repaired, only replaced. The replacement cost of the speaker is very minimal anyway it looks like their "buy one get one" speakers. Rockford doesn't repair any of their speakers, the whole line is disposable, they would send a new speaker within the warranty period (Makita Holes don't count). JL Audio used to repair their entire line now they only repair W6v2 and W7 the rest is scrap/replace. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|