| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| brake light not working http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=55820 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | kingjeep [ Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | brake light not working |
i recently changed the brake light in my drivers side lamp a few weeks later it went bad. changed the bulb and it did not work. i asked around and spoke to peple at the dealer they all said the bord in the lamp was going bad and i need to replace the lamp; asked if i have been replacing bulbs more offten then normal. i have replced that light several times over the last year so this made sence i went on line and found a set of aftermakret tale lights for less then replacing that one. any way i installed the new set and every thing works exept that one light. It dose not come on with the head lights or when i press the braks what els can i do |
|
| Author: | jdorris [ Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: brake light not working |
I had the same problem with the drivers side tail light. There was an inner clear lens that came loose and would lean against the bulb melting the lens and causing the bulb to burn out in a couple days. I managed to break up the inner lens enough to get all the pieces out. Haven't had to replace a bulb since. Yours was probably a similar problem. I bet the fuse is blown. I believe there is a separate fuses for each side, and I think the drivers side is also tied into the trailer lights. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, I don't have the book in front of me. |
|
| Author: | kingjeep [ Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: brake light not working |
well i replaced the entire lamp but i will look to see if i blew a fews |
|
| Author: | yakers [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: brake light not working |
Same problem here. My 06 has been fine for the 3 years I have owned it but suddenly it has burnt out 4 bulbs in about 4 weeks. Fuse is fine as everything else on the circuit works. So I thought 'how could extra charge be getting to the bulb'? Didn't make sense but something like an inner lens hitting it makes sense as it would overheat. I will check that out. Otherwise would I have to replace the entire lens assembly? I suspect I should avoid a junk yard as used ones would be more likely to have similar problems. Aftermarket replacements? Oddly I have noticed that whenever I see a KJ with a back bulb out it is the brake light on the right side. |
|
| Author: | yakers [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: brake light not working |
This site is great! Took off the lens assembly and sure enough there was a clear lens piece loose that was contacting the lens and causing it to overheat. Hard breaking it up to get it out but it looks like the problem is solved for now. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|