LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

3rd Brake light wiring?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=55910
Page 1 of 1

Author:  DryBones [ Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  3rd Brake light wiring?

I just bought a LED 3rd brake light and when I tried to splice the red wire from the Jeep to the red of the light and the white from the Jeep to the black of the light the light wouldn't work. I reversed the polarity and then it worked. I am guessing the light is wrong even though the red lead is going to a connection on the board that says +. Anybody else tried these lights and had any issues?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

Author:  infernicus [ Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 3rd Brake light wiring?

Sometimes "cheap" LED stuff is funky like that.
I'm not poking fun, I love me some LED's. 8)
It has actually happened to me before, kind of. I ordered some LED's and the red wire was a ground, it wasn't labeled though.

Author:  DryBones [ Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 3rd Brake light wiring?

mine isn't labeled either and they are not as bright as they lead you to believe. the OEM light is brighter. It's going back.

Author:  jinstall [ Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 3rd Brake light wiring?

Anything like that, that is not Plug and Play, I would not install.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/