| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Connect iphone to the stereo? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56175 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jeepetorp [ Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Connect iphone to the stereo? |
So, I got a iPhone. One of the most boring thing in Sweden is the lack of a good country music radio, so I thought I´d connect the iPhone to the Jeep stereo and listen to internet radio. But how? Do a -05 KJ Sport have a line input on the back of the unit? Or can I maybe use the CD changer input some how? I dont have a CD changer, but I have the button for it. I´ve heard about a device that transmit via FM radio, but is that really making good sound? It would also be nice if the unit works as a hands free for phonecall. (Yes, it is possible to use the iPhone as a normal cellphone). Any suggestion? |
|
| Author: | Megalos [ Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Connect iphone to the stereo? |
I wanted the same thing. The least expensive route turned out to be to replace the factory stereo. I bought a decent new stereo for about $150 with an auxiliary input in the front. This way I can connect anything to the stereo. The Ipod adapters were about $199 for comparison. If you want to you can spend much more and get a new stereo that works with your phone as well...but I have no experience with that. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Connect iphone to the stereo? |
The least expensive way is to get a Peripheral PXDX http://www.abt.com/product/18137/Peripheral-PXDX.html then get a charge cable with mini plug then get a mini plug to RCA adapter to plug into the PXDX. I use the PXDX with a JL Audio CL-SES to rout audio from my nav, iPhone, CB, Sirius and video system into the aux input. The will not work for peeps with in-dash CD changers. |
|
| Author: | jafstl38 [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Connect iphone to the stereo? |
I use my Bluetooth on my Sony MEX-BT2690 to sync MT iPhone and listen to music wireless! Iys awesome quality and can also talk via Bluetooth since the head unit has a microphone built in. As far as the lack of good country music, that just can't happen! Everyone needs some good ol' knee slappin, foot stomping country! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|