| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Light mounting http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56328 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | johnny_posc [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Light mounting |
Alright y'all. I've seen several liberty's with a small riser on the front bumper that the off road lights are mounted too. Where did you get it? Did you make it? If so can you make one for me? How is it mounted to the bumper? Or if there are other methods that don't involve putting the lights directly into the bumper. I'd like to add something to the front of my bumper to mount the lights to. Thanks y'all. |
|
| Author: | Superliberty [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
What year is your liberty? |
|
| Author: | roakj88 [ Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
I know what you are talking about and I have been thinking of fabricating something like that. I have a 2002 Liberty, I haven't tried it yet but what I thought of was to use 2 "L-brackets" and then use some shelving material or something along those lines that has the holes in it and attaching two lights on to that. Just an idea I had... don't know if it is what you're thinking of exactly but I hope it at least gets you going in the right direction. |
|
| Author: | bunkermonkeycw [ Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
BUMP, I need light mounting tips, I ordered a wrangler hood mount bar that might work well on my bumper. Will return it if I can get some better ideas. |
|
| Author: | johnny_posc [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
Curious to see if that wrangler hood mount worked good for your bumper? |
|
| Author: | bunkermonkeycw [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
Here are my pics for now, Ill get my other camera today maybe and snap a few better resolutions ones. All in all, quite happy. No more wobble with my Hella fogs and I have a platform to add some more. Wooohoo! What are your plans dude? ![]() ![]()
|
|
| Author: | roakj88 [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
Looks good! Where did you get the bar to mount them from? |
|
| Author: | bunkermonkeycw [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
It is KC brand, brought the lowest price online to my local auto store and they matched it pretty close... paid like 40 bux for it. |
|
| Author: | bunkermonkeycw [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
It is KC brand, brought the lowest price online to my local auto store and they matched it pretty close... paid like 40 bux for it. |
|
| Author: | iMTB [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
Looks good. Is that 4 bolts to mount it on there? |
|
| Author: | bunkermonkeycw [ Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
6, two under the grill, I had to notch it a little bit to get the fit I wanted. Took about an inch off the bars mounting plate. The area circled was notched to slide it under the grill a bit. Third hole was drilled close to the back one to facilitate another bolt. I put green dots where the bolts are.
|
|
| Author: | johnny_posc [ Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
I've got a 03. That bar looks good. I've seen some others for the new Jk's that go up a little higher, kinda like a bumper hoop. |
|
| Author: | bunkermonkeycw [ Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Light mounting |
Yeah, consider this though. The taller the hoop more shake\wobble will translate to lighting. And no matter what, the hoop is still useless for any kind of protection. Just my
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|