LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

External power lock button
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56770
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Zack A [ Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  External power lock button

Ok so on our ambulances at work we have what we call a "stealth switch." All it does is allow us to lock the doors and keep the keys in while we are on a call or away from the truck at idle. Its a simple black waterproof switch mounting in the grill that only unlocks the doors.

I'm currently adding the "master" cut off switch that JLRockies had told us how to do over on RIP's post (which funny enough we also have installed on our ambulances). When I run EMS calls from home I leave my jeep running so it would be nice to be able to lock it up with the keys in still running and have a way to unlock from the outside.

SO if any knows if I can tap into the wires that unlock the jeep and mount a external switch please let me know.

TIA

Author:  JL Rockies [ Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: External power lock button

Yes... it's no different than connecting an aftermarket keyless except instead of a remote, it's a hardwire switch. All you would need is a relay, switch, wire and a mastery of the 12V arts.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: External power lock button

just curious, never tried it but would a second keyless remote not do the trick? or are you set on something hardwired

Author:  Zack A [ Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: External power lock button

I happen to be very good at the 12volt art however that's when it comes to emergency equipment. I didn't know if I could just pull two leads off the unlock side and put a momentary switch somewhere, basically it would see the unlock sense either way.

Mike....I figured a momentary switch was cheaper then a key fob. Plus if I am in a need to get out in a hurry I don't have to fumble with finding a key fob.

Author:  Zack A [ Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: External power lock button

Ordered everything I should need. I'll do some planning over the next few days, snaps some pics during install, and see what happens................Then post it on here of course.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/