LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Front Door Speakers
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=58925
Page 1 of 1

Author:  turbobill [ Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Front Door Speakers

Got my new-to-me 2005 KJ CRD a month ago. I have been focused on all the CRD tweaks but finally got through the major ones. Front door speakers were blown so I pulled one to get size, etc for replacement. The speaker foam securing the edge of the speaker to the frame was broken all the way around the speaker on both left and right hand speakers. Looked like all I needed to do was to re-secure the edge and it would work again. I have done some guitar amp speaker repair in the past so thought I would try a cheap and dirty repair. I had a mostly used up bottle of liquid wiring insulation so I used it to re-secure the edges of the speaker. The liquid insulation is very sticky and stays pliable after it sets, and already comes with a brush for application. I have puckyed up both speakers and will reinstall this evening.

Since this buggy is powered by a diesel any performance loss should not be noticeable, any distortion will be buried by my motor clatter (a trait I dearly LOVE about my KJ CRD). I am not really looking for high end stereo performance but would like to have front speakers. The rear ones play great.

Since both the speakers failed EXACTLY the same this may be a cheap and easy fix for others that may not want to upgrade the speakers with replacements. Took 20 minutes to pull both speakers and 10 minutes to pucky them up. Will wait about 4 hours to reinstall and 24 hours before placing under power.

I'll update with results.

Author:  JL Rockies [ Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Front Door Speakers

Wrong section.

Just buy new speakers already.... :lol:

Author:  KJ 119 [ Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Front Door Speakers

JL Rockies wrote:
Wrong section.

Just buy new speakers already.... :lol:




Someone give this guy thread-moving privileges already.... :goink:

Author:  turbobill [ Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Front Door Speakers

Hey, JL Rockies. Sorry I posted wrong, I am new here. Since there are nicer forums to discuss my Jeep in I will just bow out of this one and then you won't be bothered having to criticize this New-bee anymore.

Ta-Ta

Gone for good.

Author:  turbobill [ Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Front Door Speakers

If some poor sole stumbles across this wrongly placed post, the speakers now sound Great for speakers with car doors for enclosures and bought using the lowest bid method. Time total Pull, fix, install was 40 minutes, cost was ZERO.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/