LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Specs for OEM front speakers?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=59005
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dgeist [ Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Specs for OEM front speakers?

I have one (at least) driver going bad in the front that I need to replace, but I'm happy with my head unit (factory in-dash with sirius) and everything else works fine. I know the package includes an amp in the front doors mounted to the speaker that drives the dash tweeters and the rear door. Does anyone have the specs from the the front door panel driver, though? Like, frequency response, nominal Ohms, mounting depth? I want to get something better than OEM (materials wise) to replace the fronts but leave everything else as factory as possible.

Dan

Author:  LibertyCRD [ Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Specs for OEM front speakers?

I don't know the specs., but the aftermarket Infinity speakers are better than the OEM equipment ones. Some Infinity speakers can be purchased in a 2 Ohm specification and that might actually help the weak OEM head unit out a little bit. Might be worth a try.

When my door speaker (passenger) died, I fixed it with the eBay repair kit and it'll held together solid for a year now. Cost me $20. But...from now on if one dies I'll just replace it with aftermarket for the quality.

Author:  dgeist [ Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Specs for OEM front speakers?

I want after-market quality with electrical compatibility to factory (most difficult of both worlds :) ). Repair may work for a while, but ultimately it's lipstick on a pig (is still potentially ugly underneath).

I'll check out the specs on the infinity drivers. I have a buddy who works for one of the major OEM car audio manufacturers so I'll ping him on how to get the specs.

Dan

Author:  TheJawsOfDeath [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Specs for OEM front speakers?

I have yet to find solid specs for the factory amplifiers. Just to be safe, grab a DVOM and measure the resistance value of the stock speakers. See if you can match it in the aftermarket.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/