LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Installing CB radios?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=59041
Page 1 of 1

Author:  TigerPaw [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  Installing CB radios?

So, I know there are A LOT of posts from people installing cb radios in their kjs. But im feeling kind of overwhelmed by the amount of ways you guys are doing it. I just ordered my CB and a dual antenna set that I picked up for a deal and I cant wait to get it up and running. That being said, Im really great at fabrication, but when it comes to wires...well I pretty much need someone to hold my hand. I installed an after market stereo just fine ( well...with help from the guys at crutchfield :-)r ) and it hasnt had any problems since I installed it in 08.

Ive seen people install with the "create a circuit" pieces, and that seemed like the cleanest way. Ive also seen people just start jamming wires into thier fuse boxes...which seems...sketchy. So whats a pretty no duh way on how to do this? also will I need to wire my antenna to a power source AND the cb, or will the CB give it power? Thanks guys, im a total cb newbie!

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Installing CB radios?

cb powers the antenna

I've been using an add-a-fuse from painless wiring to power my cb, tapped into the fuse for the rear power port for about 2 years with no problems. No blown fuses.

If you tap, it's best to tap from a source that you don't use that often, less chances for electrical feedback which causes noise and static on your radio

Author:  TnRebel [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Installing CB radios?

Go here for some great info from guys who do this day in and day out
CB Radio Talk Forum

http://www.cbradiotalk.com/index.php

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/