LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

moving interior floor wiring to linex
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=59873
Page 1 of 1

Author:  phluffhead [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  moving interior floor wiring to linex

So i had a problem with speed sensor wire, green cheese caused failure and check light then intermittent operation.....in tracing wiring found inch of water in floor pans of front seats, deeper on drivers side. Found the cheese underside of rear about 10 inches from diff sensor...fixed. now....moving wiring on floor to sides to rhinoline, linex, spray can bedliner, etc..
1. Is there enough play in wiring to just push and anchor wiring to sides??inside conduit?
2.ish...best floor covering to use ?? Carpetless kinda feels good...

Any input??

Author:  CoopaTroopa [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

When you sya floor covering you mean bedliner right? If so I used the dupli color spray on bedliner. 8 dollars a can and I love the looks! I did it to the sides of my kj, its pretty easy to use. Herculiner would have been my next choice. I am satisfied with my job and if touch up is needed it won't cost more than 20 to do!

Author:  phluffhead [ Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

Thanks yhats exactly what i needed... let the weather clear up and she will be done. Lowes sells that? Pepboys?

Author:  CoopaTroopa [ Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

Not sure about lowes. I got mine from o rielly's I'd think that any aito store should have it. Post pics!

Author:  infernicus [ Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

Autobarn, Advanced Auto Parts sells Duplicolor Brand.
The Home Depot, Autozone, Walmart sells Rustoleum Brand.

I painted my sliders with Duplicolor, my friend painted his with Rustoleum.
I personally like the way the Rustoleum turned out..

Edit: I should also make note that this is the spray can, not roll on.

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

Anyone have pics of the texture. Im waiting for steady 50f+ days to come and Im painting the roof and probably the front grill. Im assuming you guys did a similar procedure to this:

1) wash and dry area
2) scuff sand area
3) paint

Im not 100% sure on the procedure as I have never been a body/paint guy and I want this done right and to last a long time as Ill have the jeep pretty mugh until she disintegrates. I was going to get a roll on setup, but the price yall stated is tempting me and now Im wondering if there is a difference between spry and roll on applications durability.

Author:  CoopaTroopa [ Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

here is the link to my project viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58320&hilit=bedliners+need+help
a little bit more to it than you had said but not very much.

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

Very nice! I like the texture of the product and I think I have all I need to do my roof. Last question, what was your cure time? Ill probably start the job in the morning on saturday and hopefully be spraying by lunch. Will be done completely outside and in 60f+ weather.

Author:  CoopaTroopa [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

Dry to touch in like 5 minutes... as long as you don't touch it hard. I left it for 24 hours in the garage to make sure it was good... no moisture

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: moving interior floor wiring to linex

My garage is too small for the jeep and full too. Even in the garage maryland humidity gets in.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/