| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| OffRoad Lights http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=60035 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | JeepFreak091580 [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | OffRoad Lights |
Does anyone have offroad lights mounted on the plastic between the hood and the windshield? (On the coner by the mirrors) I have seen these lights mounted around the same place on the wranglers. Wondering if you could mount them on the KJ without drilling into the hood/hitting the hood when opened?? Any ideas?? |
|
| Author: | infernicus [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OffRoad Lights |
Hey, it is very easy I have it like that you take off the plastic cowl and drill a hole. depending on how big the lights are it should be able to hold it and where you need to drill. I'm not near a computer right now, so I can't search for it. It's annoying, but search through my posts, you'll find some. |
|
| Author: | TnRebel [ Fri May 13, 2011 5:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OffRoad Lights |
here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=59759 |
|
| Author: | infernicus [ Fri May 13, 2011 7:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OffRoad Lights |
This is my write up, I like it a lot, many options for power to the lights. viewtopic.php?p=478384#p478384 I'll try to find my other post again. |
|
| Author: | infernicus [ Fri May 13, 2011 7:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OffRoad Lights |
Hey, I'm not the first one that did this here, so I can't take the credit, but I might be the second, lol. They do sell a bracket that mounts on the front doors' A-Pillar, (don't remember where I found that) but this is my "cheap" & "quick" way of doing it.. Here are a few images. (all taken with a camera phone, sorry about the quality) Front quarter shot with all lights on. ![]() Front shot with all lights on. ![]() Front quarter shot with lights off. ![]() Closer shot of Lights. ![]() Close-up of the front of the Lights. ![]() Close-up of the back of the Lights. You can easily move the lights back about half an inch. ![]() Switches on the inside for fogs and spots. One way turns them on when I want them, the other turns on automatically with parking/brights respectively, and middle position have them off always. Setting up Aux Fogs with a SPDT ON-OFF-ON switch
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|