| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| hidden subs locations http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=70684 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | GTS [ Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | hidden subs locations |
So my girlfriend wants some subs in her '05 Liberty. I'm thinking either a couple 8's or a single 10". I saw some pics online of someone who fabbed some boxes under each front seat. I liked that it got them out of the way, just not so sure I want them right under the front seats. I was thinking of building an enclosure into one of the side panels in the back. Just am not sure how much open space there is behind them to build an enclosure. Anyone put an enclosure built in there? Anyone know if there is much room behind the panels? |
|
| Author: | audiboy86 [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: hidden subs locations |
Not a lot of space at all behind those back panels I have seen two tens under the back seats I think it caused some issues with folding the seats down. I have also seen a start of fiberglass molding to sink them into the cavities in the back two cargo area windows. |
|
| Author: | acweller [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: hidden subs locations |
here ya go. http://pacificstereo.com/jl-audio-sb-j- ... KgodMxoAkw |
|
| Author: | sota [ Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: hidden subs locations |
that kind of too much sub and chews up too much rear space, imho. I have a pair of earthquake 8" shallow subs I'd like to repurpose (from failed project on another vehicle) and stuff them under the front seats. |
|
| Author: | GTS [ Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: hidden subs locations |
Thanks for the input guys. I found some pics of someone who built some boxes under the front seats and glassed the bottom to form to the floor pan. Not a huge fan of the speaker under the seats vibrating my butt but we'll see what it's like I guess. There sure seems like there should be a lot of space behind those rear side panels but I guess they must stuff a bunch of stuff back there. |
|
| Author: | sota [ Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: hidden subs locations |
look around for the docs on how a factory/OEM 6-disc changer goes in the back. it takes out the cubby area on the passenger side. that should give you an idea of what kind of space is actually over there. also there was someone who was putting an aux/2nd battery in that location. also should help you get an idea as to space. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|