It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:17 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Ann Arbor, MI (Michigan Tech)
Bgame wrote:
No, the way I see it. my mileage is showing 200 when I have really gone 210. My meter is off 10 miles for every 200 miles. So yes I would rather be dividing 210/10 than 200/10. With the last 8 trucks I have owned, from my house to my shop it is 20 mile round trip. Now on the CRD it is showing 19 miles. So I'm showing 190 miles and really going 200 miles


And by my logic you are still infact going 20 miles so when you have just pumped up at the gas station and you divide your total miles (according to your odo) by gallons used you will infact have a higher mpg then what your calcualation just showed.

Maybe were talking about different things?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:21 am
Posts: 55
Location: Granbury Texas
seanpr123 wrote:
Bgame wrote:
No, the way I see it. my mileage is showing 200 when I have really gone 210. My meter is off 10 miles for every 200 miles. So yes I would rather be dividing 210/10 than 200/10. With the last 8 trucks I have owned, from my house to my shop it is 20 mile round trip. Now on the CRD it is showing 19 miles. So I'm showing 190 miles and really going 200 miles


And by my logic you are still infact going 20 miles so when you have just pumped up at the gas station and you divide your total miles (according to your odo) by gallons used you will infact have a higher mpg then what your calcualation just showed.

Maybe were talking about different things?


I think the point is.... If you do not know that your odo is off. You are getting better mileage than you think you are.

odo read 190 miles add 10 gal 19 mile to gal.
really did 200 miles add 10 gal 20 miles to gal.

So the question is how many people know or think their obo is off. Mine is off and would like it to be correct.

_________________
06 CRD build date 5/15/06


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 162
Location: VA
I need to get into the manual for my Garmin Nuvi to see how it calculates miles covered. I was going to post about my trip odometer being off last week but I wanted to verify because I thought I was imagining things.

I do know my spedometer reads 60 and the GPS shows 57. I want to check the main odometer to see if that is off also. I do know that if I drive 150 miles or so and fillup my milage is a lot higher than if I drive until empty. Sometimes I get 17MPG, sometimes 26MPG. I drive the same way and on the same route with fuel from the same place. No consistancy in milage. A screwy trip odometer is a logical conclusion to draw.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD-SOLD
Dynomax 2.5 exhaust


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
I was on the highway today and clocked a marked mile. From mile 16 to 17, I just tripped .9! I would like to try a GPS though. I might mention it to the stealership if I’m in for a software upgrade. I’d really like to know what kind of economy (or lack thereof) I’m getting.

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:52 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
Quote:
If our recorded distance is lower then acual, then we are all getting better fuel economy then we think....right??


I know it's hard to believe that mine could be off by 10%, but that's the way it's looking. Last tank I got 23.83mpg. If it is truly off by 10%, I'd be getting 26.21! Not quite worth bragging about---I was hoping for high 20's but Little Mack only has 2k on him so far.

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:54 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:22 am
Posts: 155
Location: Crawford County, Missouri
I have checked mine against a GPS, and it reads 2mph faster on the Jeep than the GPS.

_________________
2006 CRD Sport,
Born on 5-20-2006 @ 7:20pm
Jeep Green, Oil drain valve
Tow Package, Transmission skid plate
EHM2, ORM,
Current mileage 79,000.
Past Jeeps: 63 CJ5,
1994, 1995, 2000 Cherokee,
1995, 1997, 2003 Wrangler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:38 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: SwampEast MO
Man just listening to the problems you guys can come up with is almost got me considering a swap for a Hemi Commander. No I am not kidding, never seen so many people with problem vehicles. We have only had a couple minor problems with our Jeep, EGR Flow Control Valve, LR window was replaced, oil in CAC that I knew about the problem before buying. When am I going to have all the problems so many seem to be having? Just checked the mpg's for city only driving yesterday and it was 23.7 and basically very pleased with the vehicle. Am I doing something correctly that you all are not, or what? Is it just that you have such poor dealership that they cause problems or fail to fix something minor that snowballs into something major??

At present I could trade up to $35k Commander Hemi for $7k ddifference and I am almost ready to jump, except the 14/18 mpg city/hwy is all that stopped me. If it had been FFV and there was E85 near with big discount I would have jumped.

_________________
91 MB 300D 2.5L Turbo. Her's

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:49 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 644
My best mileage hand calculated is 24.25..... I though the 245's were the same height as stock but maybe I am getting even better mileage than I thought.....

_________________
Feb/2006 Silver Sport 4x4 CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:11 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 644
the tire calc. I just used only shows a .7% diff. for me. 225/75's as opposed to my new 245/70's it's only like 3-4 revs per mile That only works out to .3 MPG difference. Now the thing I am not sure about is how accurate it was when stock.

_________________
Feb/2006 Silver Sport 4x4 CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:14 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: SwampEast MO
TDI4BY wrote:
My best mileage hand calculated is 24.25..... I though the 245's were the same height as stock but maybe I am getting even better mileage than I thought.....
About 1 1/2" taller dude. If speedonmeter is correct with stock tires (215/75/16) you would have a 3% error, in other words at 60 mph you would be showing about 58 mph on speedo. Your mpg would jump to about 25 mpg if allowed for speedometer error, actual increase may actualy be more with stock tires due to more rolling resistance of the bigger tire.

_________________
91 MB 300D 2.5L Turbo. Her's

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 644
245/70's are the same as 225/75's from what I can find. I held them up to each other when they were changed out and they looked the same.

_________________
Feb/2006 Silver Sport 4x4 CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:41 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 521
Location: Greem Vally, AZ
Very slight differance

Wheels: Wheel 1 Wheel 2
Wheel size 16x7 ET 51 16x7 ET 51
BackSpace 152 mm (6'') 152 mm (6'')
Tires: Tire 1 Tire 2
Tire size 225/75-16 245/70-16
Section width 225 mm (8.9'') 245 mm (9.6'')
Sidewall 169 mm (6.7'') 172 mm (6.8'')
Tire diameter 744 mm (29.3'') 750 mm (29.5'')
6 mm (0.8%) taller.
Rim sizes 16x6 to 16x8.5 16x6.5 to 16x9
Circumference 2336 mm (92'') 2355 mm (92.7'')
Revs per mile 688.9 683.4
Speedometer Assuming that this is OEM tire and speedometer readings are correct When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 60.5mph (97.4km/h): 0.8% faster.

_________________
2006 Libery Sport CRD, Lt Kakhi, nicely equipped
*****GDE Hot Tune at 38,879 miles
*****Stock TC.....for the time being!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: I called the dealer on Bulletin 18-023-06 and the odometer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:46 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
Called my stealership today to schedule a software update per Bulletin 18-023-06. I was told by the service dept. that unless I have any symptoms/issues, it’s not covered under warranty and I’d be looking at 2.8 hours @ the current labor rate (I was afraid to ask). They also told me that as long as the tires on my ride match the size on the inside of the door, the odometer must be correct. I guess I’ll continue to drive and wait for the sky to start falling. :shock:

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I called the dealer on Bulletin 18-023-06 and the odomet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:49 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:10 pm
Posts: 621
Location: Indianapolis, IN
CRuD Bucket wrote:
Called my stealership today to schedule a software update per Bulletin 18-023-06. I was told by the service dept. that unless I have any symptoms/issues, it’s not covered under warranty and I’d be looking at 2.8 hours @ the current labor rate (I was afraid to ask). They also told me that as long as the tires on my ride match the size on the inside of the door, the odometer must be correct. I guess I’ll continue to drive and wait for the sky to start falling. :shock:


You need to go to the dealership for service of some kind. Oil change, tire rotate, or just have them chase a noise. Then, the TSB is covered as it states to perform the repair when the vehicle is in for service - that is the only requirement...

_________________
'05 CRD Sport born on 06/20/05, bought on 9/23/05, L.O.S.T. on 9/27/05 - modding ever since:

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.


Last edited by alljeep on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:58 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
They offer free state inspections for the life of the vehicle---I'll go back while it's new and I know I won't need any work. :wink:
Thanks!

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 pm
Posts: 1830
Location: Spokane, WA
I havr a 6% odometer reading to the low side and myEVIC mileage jives pretty well with reality if I make the 6% adjustment. Personally I am not in a hurry to have it changed as I figure it is adding 6% to my warranty as well. :wink:

_________________
Dave

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I called the dealer on Bulletin 18-023-06 and the odomet
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:52 am
Posts: 3442
Location: Columbus, Ohio. USA
alljeep wrote:
CRuD Bucket wrote:
Called my stealership today to schedule a software update per Bulletin 18-023-06. I was told by the service dept. that unless I have any symptoms/issues, it’s not covered under warranty and I’d be looking at 2.8 hours @ the current labor rate (I was afraid to ask). They also told me that as long as the tires on my ride match the size on the inside of the door, the odometer must be correct. I guess I’ll continue to drive and wait for the sky to start falling. :shock:


You need to go to the dealership for service of some kind. Oil change, tire rotate, or just have them chase a noise. Then, the TSB is covered as it states to perform the repair when the vehicle is in for service - that is the only requirement...


We'll all be going back in the fall for lower ball joints so they can do it then :lol:

_________________
Atlantic Blue 06 CRD Limited (his)
Joined by a 2000 XJ Classic (hers)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:52 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 644
Sorry for asking but do you really think our 06's will need balljoints as part of the recall? Should I wait to install my Daystar lift kit or will they fuss about it when looking at the balljoints?

_________________
Feb/2006 Silver Sport 4x4 CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:52 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:52 am
Posts: 3442
Location: Columbus, Ohio. USA
From what I've read anything made before March of this year. Mine was made January 17, 06 :shock:

_________________
Atlantic Blue 06 CRD Limited (his)
Joined by a 2000 XJ Classic (hers)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 521
Location: Greem Vally, AZ
Going back on track with this thread.....I checked my speedo against the GPS yesterday and found that it reads signifcantly high. Indicated 75 was actually 71.7 or ~4.3% high.

I didn't check the odometer or trip against the GPS but will tomorrow when we're heading back to Tucson.

If the 4.3% error in speed holds true for the Odometer (and it should) then my indicated mileage is greater then actual and my fuel mileage (actaul) will also be 4.3% greater then the EVIC or calculated MPG using the odometer. It also means that I will go through my 3/36,000 mile warrenty in less the 36,000 actaul miles.

I will bring all the data to the dealer when I take it in for misc stuff.

Tomorrow I wll update the thread with better data.

_________________
2006 Libery Sport CRD, Lt Kakhi, nicely equipped
*****GDE Hot Tune at 38,879 miles
*****Stock TC.....for the time being!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com