It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:14 am
Posts: 134
Location: FL
action wrote:
I'm running 235/75/16 on my stock suspended CRD...looks great, no rubbing.



Thanks action, I was thinking that they would fit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:36 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:07 am
Posts: 90
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Another question will the 07 rubicon rims fit on the 06 liberty. I found a set but they are 17 inch rims. I was goin to go 245/75/16 on the factory 16's if the 17's dont fit.

I ask because the lift and bumper is on its way and i need some new rubber for under the lift :)

_________________
06 Liberty CRD Sport, Lifetime Sirius Radio, Dynomax muffler(no wimp), EHM, ORM, OME lift, ARB bull bumper
Waiting for time to put on:
cat fuel filter, filter bleeder, clean air supply for egr
Yeah Its A Diesel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:42 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:39 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Tulsa, Green Country, OK
[quote="McMoney"]Another question will the 07 rubicon rims fit on the 06 liberty. I found a set but they are 17 inch rims. I was goin to go 245/75/16 on the factory 16's if the 17's dont fit.


Wrong bolt pattern Liberty is 4.5 I belive the 07 Wrangler is 5"

_________________
Mail Rated 2005 Red CRD Sport with large rectangular hole in top right behind the EVIC and above the heated leather seats.
2004 Jetta TDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:27 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:22 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Camas, WA
The older Rubicon 16 inch wheels fit.

_________________
No one knows as much as all of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:38 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:07 am
Posts: 90
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Ok :(

Thanks guess i will have to keep looking

_________________
06 Liberty CRD Sport, Lifetime Sirius Radio, Dynomax muffler(no wimp), EHM, ORM, OME lift, ARB bull bumper
Waiting for time to put on:
cat fuel filter, filter bleeder, clean air supply for egr
Yeah Its A Diesel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 9:33 am
Posts: 14
Location: Florida
I was also looking at getting a set of General Grabber AT2's 245/70 TR16
only concern is rubbing.

For those of you that have these installed and do not experiecne any rubbing, please let me know if you have any suspension mods since my CRD is stock and want to make sure these tires will fit.

The best price I found is 87.00 at Tirerack.com
anyone no of a better place to buy them at?

Thanks,
Danny

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD running on B-100


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 4:27 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Dayton, OH
emiperformance wrote:
I was also looking at getting a set of General Grabber AT2's 245/70 TR16
only concern is rubbing.

For those of you that have these installed and do not experiecne any rubbing, please let me know if you have any suspension mods since my CRD is stock and want to make sure these tires will fit.

The best price I found is 87.00 at Tirerack.com
anyone no of a better place to buy them at?

Thanks,
Danny


Wal-mart has them for $96 a piece. Which beats paying the nearly $200 dollars tirerack just quoted me for shipping 4 tires from south bend IN - dayton OH.

They are a special order for them though. Make them pull out the black Continental book, and look under All Terrain tires, its the only one in that section.....NO it is not listed on their computers...make them do their job and dont let them slack off.

(I just had to pull the book out and show them myself this weekend at a nearby wal-mart.)

_________________
It may be that your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:20 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 44
Location: corpus christi, tx
I just put on 245/75/16s with no lift. The weren't listed in the dealers computer but the good ol' boys behind the counter rekon they fit.

Its close but no rubbing yet driving in normal conditions and on rutted out dirt roads. I was just looking for a little more traction in mud and sand and something that will be nice when I get a little lifted.

Image

Image

_________________
05 crd sport - 110000 mi
one torque converter/front pump down
two egrs replaced
one rear control arm, sort of

http://www.jakemooremd.com .
http://www.coastalbendeye.com.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:09 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
Dang! They are close---I might play it safe with the 70's---hopefully this week (pics will follow). Got a buddy that just put a set of Michelins LT X (?) on his Highlander---on sale at Sam's this month (???). He got 65k on the OEM tires (Michelins). I guess that's the difference between Toyota and Jeep. We get the 15k life expectancy out-of-round bombs... :cry:

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:28 am
Posts: 130
When I bought the Libby, the previous owner put Michelin 235/70-16's on there and I have no complaints. The only problem I do have is that they have a street tread on them and with Michelins, it will probably be a L O N G time before I have to replace them. I am debating on whether to go to 245's next time though (the tight fit still bothers me a little, so all the pics everyone can muster will help!!!) Regardless, my next set will definitely be something more aggressive.

_________________
Josh

2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude Edition 4x4 - Brilliant Black, RRO Rockfather II OME lift, 245/70/17 Duratracs

*sold*
2005 CRD Limited 4x4 -Inferno Red- Selec-Trac
SEGR, Grabber AT2's, 2.5" Daystar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:33 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
barnez224 wrote:
When I bought the Libby, the previous owner put Michelin 235/70-16's on there and I have no complaints. The only problem I do have is that they have a street tread on them and with Michelins, it will probably be a L O N G time before I have to replace them. I am debating on whether to go to 245's next time though (the tight fit still bothers me a little, so all the pics everyone can muster will help!!!) Regardless, my next set will definitely be something more aggressive.
If memeory serves me correct the 235/70/16 is OEM here in Europe KJ's.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:52 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
Everyone around here seems to be out of the Goodyear Silent Armors. One shop has 245/75/16's for about the same price as the 70's---$825.00! Sam's has much better pricing but they're out of stock. :cry:

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com