It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Some kind of a golfcourse..
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
mackruss wrote:


:lol: :lol: LOL, that video confirms why they aren’t trail worthy……………. :shock: Rather embarrassing if you ask me. :oops:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 746
Location: Nashville, TN
So...if a vehicle can't traverse Moab, it's a piece of stinky poo?

Humm...pretzel logic.

I'd say as long as a vehicle has 4WD, it should be able to traverse a snowy or muddy driveway, pull away crisply on a wet road without spinning out, drive over a curb.....you know, simple everyday things.

It's not often I find myself crawling Moab. But if I ever do, I won't be doing it in anything street legal that I have to drive back and forth to work. It will be in some beater POS that I wouldn't care if I flipped over, dinged up, crashed, or otherwise destroyed.

_________________
Chad Hargis
Nashville, TN
2008 Grand Cherokee CRD
2005 Liberty CRD *SOLD*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: JK with a 4.2L Cummins
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:49 pm
Posts: 3554
Location: Aurora, IL
Woops, they don't make it yet if ever. But it would be a great combo especially with a manual trans. Would require a wrecked Dodge 1500 (not yet produced if ever) for an engine.

Just dreaming :!: :!: :!:

_________________
2006 Pearl Green CRD
Magnaflow 2 1/2" Cat Back
KJ Extra Leg Room Brackets, Carter Lift Pump, V6 Airbox, ORM
Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:39 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Tulsa, Green Country, OK
I would go to a diesel Jetta or New Beetle with manual transmission.
Lewis

_________________
Mail Rated 2005 Red CRD Sport with large rectangular hole in top right behind the EVIC and above the heated leather seats.
2004 Jetta TDI


Last edited by tulsa on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:52 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 pm
Posts: 1830
Location: Spokane, WA
For a daily, high mileage driver I would consider a Patriot or Compass CRD if I could buy one in the US!

_________________
Dave

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
One of these. http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/
2nd choice would be a Tuareg V10. If they were not worthy off road vehicles they would not have taken so many Dakar stage wins (Tony).
:wink:

_________________
Manure green 2005 CRD sport4x4, GDE Hot tune, Cat Gut, OE skids, Draw tight hitch, Duramax lift pump, 160K on multiple varieties of fuel, XM radio, Escort live with Redline, fog light mod, GPS, Icom IC7000 all band radio call sign KC9QPF, Grabber AT2s on Soft 8s, FIA grill blanket.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 am
Posts: 46
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
hate to admit it, but if i were to do it over again I would buy the previous generation Toyota Tundra. Many of my friends have them and none of them have had problems. I wish i could say the same. Just went to move my Crd into the shop to do the fun little Suncoast converter swap and it the starter won't engage. What next. I have no cruise control, my gauges aren't lit anymore. Im really starting to get discouraged with my Crd.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD - DRL's activated, Moab wheels and 215/85/16 Goodyear Duratracs, Frankenlifted, Cummins Lift pump, Magnaflow 2.5" all the way back, no cat , suncoast, Viper command start, Valentine One.
1967 Jeep M725 - a real cream puff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:56 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:26 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
chadhargis wrote:
Luckily, I didn't buy a diesel for cheap fuel. I bought one because they are superior towing engines, and I needed a lightweight towing rig for my motorcycle trailer.


Agreed, I tow a 3500lb boat around a lot during the summer so this was one of my original motivations but had I been able to predict diesel prices at a 50-100% premium there are a whole slew of larger trucks and SUV's that are currently less expensive to operate that are just as capable in the towing department.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:33 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:05 am
Posts: 233
Location: Santiago Chile
If I where rich I would buy two JKs 4 doors, one Rubicon and one unlimited CRD (there's no Rubicon CRD by here) and I would be busy changing things from the rubicon to the unlimited CRD, and whats left from the rubicon goes to the wife.

Now seriusly if I had the money to change the jeep it will be an JK unlimited CRD

_________________
Liberty - Cherokee CRD 2004 Silver
Garmin GPS - IPOD
Warn M8000 INSTALLED
Daystar Lift
Rancho 9000X
ARB Rear Locker & OBA
Thule Aero
Santiago-Chile


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:22 pm 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
nursecosmo wrote:
One of these. http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/
2nd choice would be a Tuareg V10. If they were not worthy off road vehicles they would not have taken so many Dakar stage wins (Tony).
:wink:


Image

You did look at the pic of the Dakar Touareg now didn't you?

I don't think it has 1 part that is the same as on the 'normal' version.

Ow yeah, the VW badge...duh.

Anyway, to each its own, if you like it that's fine by me. :D

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 am
Posts: 691
Location: South Africa
TonyCRD

I wanted to do the Daystar lift that you had done but now i see you got crappy next to it on your sig, what gives besides your coils :lol:

_________________
06 CRD LTD ( Euro )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 759
Location: Lake Orion MI
bigcoupee wrote:
I have no cruise control.


Try holding down the cruise control on/off button for three minutes while driving around. Then turn the car off then back on.

_________________
2005 CRD Limited Flame Red w/ Renegade rock rails & light bar, AirLift 1000. 225/75R16 MT/R's on cheap black steel wheels, dual MOPAR subwoofers, Ipod kit & seat covers, Samco hoses - totaled and gone. 2008 WK Laredo 3.0L diesel - AirLift 1000, wife won't let me mess with it much. 2013 JK Sahara on order.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 759
Location: Lake Orion MI
My replacement vehicle will hopefully be a CJ7 with my KJ CRD powertrain in it. My neighbor has one in his garage that hasn't moved in nine years... :twisted:

_________________
2005 CRD Limited Flame Red w/ Renegade rock rails & light bar, AirLift 1000. 225/75R16 MT/R's on cheap black steel wheels, dual MOPAR subwoofers, Ipod kit & seat covers, Samco hoses - totaled and gone. 2008 WK Laredo 3.0L diesel - AirLift 1000, wife won't let me mess with it much. 2013 JK Sahara on order.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
tonycrd wrote:
nursecosmo wrote:
One of these. http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/
2nd choice would be a Tuareg V10. If they were not worthy off road vehicles they would not have taken so many Dakar stage wins (Tony).
:wink:


You did look at the pic of the Dakar Touareg now didn't you?

I don't think it has 1 part that is the same as on the 'normal' version.

Ow yeah, the VW badge...duh.

Anyway, to each its own, if you like it that's fine by me. :D


I know, same as on the KJs which traverse Moab. You on the other hand already get all the good choices for vehicles over there in Spain.

_________________
Manure green 2005 CRD sport4x4, GDE Hot tune, Cat Gut, OE skids, Draw tight hitch, Duramax lift pump, 160K on multiple varieties of fuel, XM radio, Escort live with Redline, fog light mod, GPS, Icom IC7000 all band radio call sign KC9QPF, Grabber AT2s on Soft 8s, FIA grill blanket.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:55 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Livingston County, Michigan
2006 KJ CRD - Hopefully the ESP will keep me from wrecking that one!

_________________
1998 TJ Gasser - Just for fun!

Sold in January 2012:
2005 Sport CRD
New to me March, 2007 w/22k miles
165,000 miles and still going strong
Factory Tow Package, Added Courtesy Lamps,
New Style Mopar Fuel Head,
Cooper Discoverer ATR
Mopar Slush Mats (JUNK!), Fumoto Oil and T-Case Drain Valves


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:53 am 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
mackruss wrote:
TonyCRD

I wanted to do the Daystar lift that you had done but now i see you got crappy next to it on your sig, what gives besides your coils :lol:


See my last post in this http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=29217

I'd stay far far away from this with your 2.8!!!

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 am
Posts: 691
Location: South Africa
tonycrd wrote:
mackruss wrote:
TonyCRD

I wanted to do the Daystar lift that you had done but now i see you got crappy next to it on your sig, what gives besides your coils :lol:


See my last post in this http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=29217

I'd stay far far away from this with your 2.8!!!


Yes i went through your last post thanks and now i understand the lift options a bit better.

It seems it's better to do the coils and shocks when lifting rather than the Daystar type lift.

_________________
06 CRD LTD ( Euro )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm
Posts: 177
Location: Westchester, NY
mackruss wrote:
SBosco wrote:
mackruss wrote:
I see you're running 245's on your 17" rims without a lift. Have you had any problems with the 245's, i need to replace the stock 235's soon and was considering the 245/65/17's but i don't have a lift.


No lift and no problems :D


Are you not rubbing up against the front valence at all.


Just stuck my head under each of the fenders and couldn't see any signs of rubbing.

_________________
'06 CRD Limited, Jeep Green
-Texon Hi/Low HID w/Philips Ballasts
-17" Jeep Oasis wheels
-245/65/17 Destination A/Ts
-PML Alum. Diff. Cvr.
-Custom intake (pre-turbo)
-Custom Sound System w/fully damped interior
-MBRP Stnls Exhaust
Works in Progress:
-Boost and EGT A-Pillar gauges
-Painless Striker I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 am
Posts: 691
Location: South Africa
SBosco wrote:
mackruss wrote:
SBosco wrote:
mackruss wrote:
I see you're running 245's on your 17" rims without a lift. Have you had any problems with the 245's, i need to replace the stock 235's soon and was considering the 245/65/17's but i don't have a lift.


No lift and no problems :D


Are you not rubbing up against the front valence at all.


Just stuck my head under each of the fenders and couldn't see any signs of rubbing.


Cheers thanks.

_________________
06 CRD LTD ( Euro )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:31 pm 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
mackruss wrote:

Yes i went through your last post thanks and now i understand the lift options a bit better.

It seems it's better to do the coils and shocks when lifting rather than the Daystar type lift.


For us oil burners there is no other option. I tried and failed miserably... :?

nursecosmo wrote:
I know, same as on the KJs which traverse Moab. You on the other hand already get all the good choices for vehicles over there in Spain.


aah, dunno bout that one, if you want a riceburner or a german $$$$ something you're ok overhere. Now if you want a US build car....that's a different story. ( except the JK unlimited 2.8 CRD maybe :D )

On a side note: the '02 KJ was the last JEEP that passed the rubicon trail...stock!! In case you ever wonder where those 'trail rated' badges come from. And no I do not climb over a mountain trail every day when I go to work, but I sleep a lot better knowing that I can. I would never ever buy another vehicle which doesn't have the same abilities as the KJ. As I said earlier, if mine gets totalled I would buy another KJ no doubt.

Guess you'll have to experience it first, there are more things a KJ can do than tow a boat.

chadhargis wrote:
So...if a vehicle can't traverse Moab, it's a piece of stinky poo? Humm...pretzel logic.


If a car manufacturer builds a $60K 4x4 that comes standard with 21" rims and Z rated tires it is a piece of stinky poo. Has nothing to do with going off-road, no matter how many Dakar rally's your 2 million dollar beach buggy wins. It's still a piece of crap. So do not advertise it as if it is better then a JEEP.
Because it's not. It's a SUV. NOT a JEEP. Or a Discovery or a Landcruiser or a Patrol or a Pajero to name but a few. Boy, I get sick to my stomach how some of you get the impression this is a 'bad boy' or 'real killer off-road machine' etc. It is not! It's a pumped up 4x4 station wagon. Like the X5, ML, X3, Tiguan, RAV4, XC90 etc...etc.

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Last edited by tonycrd on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com