It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Speedo error
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:02 pm
Posts: 14
Location: St Louis MO
O.K. so when I traded in my 02 gasser for an 06 CRD I didn't like the way the CRD felt when I test drove it. It felt loose to me. The service tech said everything was fine, so I had him drive my 02, and he agreed it felt tighter, more stable. He suggested that it might be because my 02 had 235/70/16 tires and the CRD had 225/75/16 tires on it. The dealer took a set of 235's off a different liberty and put them on the CRD. I drove it and the improvement made be buy it. A couple of weeks later I went by one of those radar signs and I noticed my speedo was reading 5 m.p.h fast so I took it back to the dealer and they said they fixed the problem. The next week, I went down the same road and the radar still showed 5m.p.h slower than my speedo was showing. So I had a buddy pace me on the highway, and yes, he was showing that I was going 5m.p.h slower than he was so, back to the dealer. They said my speedo was set for the 235's and showed me that it was. They plugged it in in front of me and set it for the 235's agin while I watched them. The problem is , my speedo is still 5m.p.h. fast! Any suggestions?

_________________
06 silver CRD sport, Factory jeep seat covers, full mud proof floor mats,Elephant hose mod


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:51 am
Posts: 477
Location: Kellogg, IA
I have had the 225's on my CRD since new and have shown about 3 mph faster than actual according to the different speed trap displays.

I also have shown about 5-6% less on my Odometer than actual based on mile markers over various distances.

My dealer just shrugged and said can't do anything. I think it is a common occurance with the CRD's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Chandler, AZ
Put bigger tires on it, or use a speedo healer/yellow box. Caution on the speedometer mods: must be placed in and removed w/o detection or the warranty will be voided. I have the speedo healer on my motorcycle, it works great and is very simple to install. Disconnect the battery find the wires for the speed sensor (tranny or transfer case) insert a splitter and adjust speed percentage via buttons.

I wonder if those mod chips split these wires. I have the service manual, can anyone tell me what harness these things split?

_________________
'06 White Limited CRD born on 08/05 37k miles F37'd
mods:: vented, exhausted, ORM, cat 2, Lifted
Other Rides:: CJ7 Limited, and many bikes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:31 pm
Posts: 1406
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Cowpie1 wrote:
I have had the 225's on my CRD since new and have shown about 3 mph faster than actual according to the different speed trap displays.

I also have shown about 5-6% less on my Odometer than actual based on mile markers over various distances.

My dealer just shrugged and said can't do anything. I think it is a common occurance with the CRD's.


Yes it seem to be a common problem as seen on this thread
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... sc&start=0

I had noted and took mine to the dealer for the same problem. Speedometer shows 60 when going 57, and goes 20 miles when odometer only shows 19. About 5% off. They said they put a call into DC, I will call them Monday a see what they come up with.

_________________
2006 Black Jeep Liberty CRD Limited
K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:31 pm
Posts: 1406
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Talk to the dealer and it appears to be software problem, speedo running too fast and odometer running too slow. By changing the tire size it would fix one but make the other worst. DC don't have a fix and the service manager going to put a call into the zone manager. I guess it is only 2006 CRD problem, maybe have something to the anti skid rollover built into this MY.

_________________
2006 Black Jeep Liberty CRD Limited
K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 521
Location: Greem Vally, AZ
I think every Liberty has the same speedo error of 3 mph or so. At least every one that has checked them against a GPS or radar. It's not a percentage and almost acts like the Zero calibration is off. Just like very one seems to have ths same odo error of ~6%.

_________________
2006 Libery Sport CRD, Lt Kakhi, nicely equipped
*****GDE Hot Tune at 38,879 miles
*****Stock TC.....for the time being!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com