LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Light Under Hood
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14397
Page 1 of 1

Author:  DocB [ Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:27 am ]
Post subject:  Light Under Hood

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to install a
light (possibly mercury switch?) under the hood in engine compartment?
Have any of you done this yet?
Where to get one, which kind is best?
Since mine didn't come with one, I kinda miss the light when
I open the hood at night (check oil, etc.).
Suggestions please.
Thanks.

Author:  kjfishman [ Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:52 am ]
Post subject:  My 02 KJ had one

I don't know when the light went away but I think the 02 KJ had the underhood light. Maybe you can order new parts from a dealer or get out one of a wrecked KJ.

Author:  Jeger [ Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Just take a walk through a junkyard lifting hoods until you see something you like. Should be a really cheap part if you take it off yourself.

Author:  DocB [ Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks guys.
I guess it's time for a yard walk.
I'm just surprised no one else misses a light under the hood?
Beats looking for a flashlight!

Author:  no-blue-screen [ Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

I surely miss the underhood light. This is just another cost cutting measure on the part of DC.

Author:  litton [ Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

DC probably realized that very very few owners go under the hood at all, much less at night. I just carry a 12V droplight for the extreme occasion that I might have to look at something. Besides, the old lights never did illuminate whatever it was I wanted to see and I truely considered them worthless.

Author:  jeep06 [ Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Think the best one I had was on my '85 Bronco, it was on a reel that had a 20' cord and a magnet on the light head. Used it many times, but I always have a couple flash lights with me at all times now just in case.

Author:  NS02KJ [ Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

There is NO Underhood Light in my 2002. :x

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/