| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Is there a way to find out what the hours are on our CRD's http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15597 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | biggiefl [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Is there a way to find out what the hours are on our CRD's |
My friends have diesel Fords, Chevys, & Dodges and they can get their engine hours off the display center where we get the MPG, etc. It is not just on there, they have to do somehing like hold it down for 5 seconds or ??? Is there any way for us to do it on a CRD? |
|
| Author: | MrMopar64 [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Turn key to on position but don't start vehicle. Wait a second or less, then hold down the trip odometer reset button. The hours will shortly appear on the odometer. |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
MrMopar64 wrote: Turn key to on position but don't start vehicle. Wait a second or less, then hold down the trip odometer reset button. The hours will shortly appear on the odometer.
Thats pretty cool, now I can figure miles/up time. Wonder if it works for gassers too? |
|
| Author: | litton [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
MrMopar64 wrote: Turn key to on position but don't start vehicle. Wait a second or less, then hold down the trip odometer reset button. The hours will shortly appear on the odometer.
Is this on the EVIC or the gauge cluster? |
|
| Author: | biggiefl [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Awesome....thanks a bunch. I always wanted to know how many hours are on cars being the boat freak that I am. In a few years I can say....I got 13,000 hours on my diesel. |
|
| Author: | MrMopar64 [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
litton wrote: Is this on the EVIC or the gauge cluster?
The hours will appear in the odometer, same place that the P-codes will read out when (if) that works for you. AFAIK, the hours display works on all SW versions of the CRD. Not sure if the gas vehicles have it programmed. My 04.5 CTD 2500 Ram has 113k miles and 2200 hours. I think you'd be hard-pressed to make 13000 hours on the engine without doing a lot of sitting in traffic jams idling. |
|
| Author: | gsbrockman [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
MrMopar64 wrote: Turn key to on position but don't start vehicle. Wait a second or less, then hold down the trip odometer reset button. The hours will shortly appear on the odometer.
I've enjoyed that nice little feature on my 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 CTD.....never knew it existed on the wife's CRD. Now all we need to do is start a new thread with everyone posting their average mph's. Greg |
|
| Author: | DZL_LOU [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
MrMopar64 wrote: litton wrote: Is this on the EVIC or the gauge cluster? The hours will appear in the odometer, same place that the P-codes will read out when (if) that works for you. AFAIK, the hours display works on all SW versions of the CRD. Not sure if the gas vehicles have it programmed. My 04.5 CTD 2500 Ram has 113k miles and 2200 hours. I think you'd be hard-pressed to make 13000 hours on the engine without doing a lot of sitting in traffic jams idling. ok, what other little gems do you have up your sleeve? This is really cool! |
|
| Author: | alljeep [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
MrMopar64 wrote: Turn key to on position but don't start vehicle. Wait a second or less, then hold down the trip odometer reset button. The hours will shortly appear on the odometer.
All this did was reset my trip odometer. Tried it many times. Nothing. |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
There is a special sequence to doing the engine hours, I have it on my lowely Dodge SE Magnum. With this feature you can figure your total average speed for the vehicle. Last time I checked the magnum was averaging about 35 mph for the life of the car. |
|
| Author: | crackercrd [ Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
all I was able to do was reset my trip meter, unless I held the button before I turned the key, then it went into a self test and at the end it displayed "5.7" ...... I'm fairlly sure I have more than that many hours on it!! I'm not sure I did it right though |
|
| Author: | litton [ Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
crackercrd wrote: all I was able to do was reset my trip meter, unless I held the button before I turned the key, then it went into a self test and at the end it displayed "5.7" ...... I'm fairlly sure I have more than that many hours on it!! I'm not sure I did it right though
Perhaps you really have a HEMI instead of a CRD Mine doesn't do a thing but reset the trip, I'll try it your way also. Also might be taking longer then a second to hit the button. |
|
| Author: | biggiefl [ Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Still trying to get the hours...anyone successfull? |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
biggiefl wrote: Still trying to get the hours...anyone successfull? As far as I know this option is not available on CRD like the LX cars & MB's with key or your information center. I'm not sure, but you might be able to get it with the STARScan at the dealer.
|
|
| Author: | blacksmoke [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here's the order that provide something for me 1) key not inserted 2) press the odometer reset button and keep it pressed 3) insert key and turn it to on, not starting the engine. 4) release the reset button The needles and the idiot lights start dancing around, pretty cool, with the RPM jumping from 1000, 2000, up to the max. Then 5.7 is shown on the odometer. I started the engine and the odometer start counting every second by .1 step, from 0.0 to 1.6 then stopped. Have no clue what 1.6 (or what 5.7 earlier) mean, but it was cool I have 53k miles so far on the Libby |
|
| Author: | Endurance [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
blacksmoke wrote: Here's the order that provide something for me
1) key not inserted 2) press the odometer reset button and keep it pressed 3) insert key and turn it to on, not starting the engine. 4) release the reset button The needles and the idiot lights start dancing around, pretty cool, with the RPM jumping from 1000, 2000, up to the max. Then 5.7 is shown on the odometer. I started the engine and the odometer start counting every second by .1 step, from 0.0 to 1.6 then stopped. Have no clue what 1.6 (or what 5.7 earlier) mean, but it was cool I have 53k miles so far on the Libby That is awesome! I just did it on my 05 CRD, a 06 gas libby, a 2006 Dodge 1500 and a 07 Dodge 1500 |
|
| Author: | Goglio704 [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's just a diagnostic routine for the instrument cluster. Neat to watch, but that's about it. |
|
| Author: | MACKJ [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a way to find out what the hours are on our CRD |
biggiefl wrote: My friends have diesel Fords, Chevys, & Dodges and they can get their engine hours off the display center where we get the MPG, etc. It is not just on there, they have to do somehing like hold it down for 5 seconds or ???
Is there any way for us to do it on a CRD? Doesn't the "elapsed time" on the EVIC give you this? Use the "step" button to find this function. |
|
| Author: | barnez224 [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a way to find out what the hours are on our CRD |
[/quote]Is there any way for us to do it on a CRD? Doesn't the "elapsed time" on the EVIC give you this? Use the "step" button to find this function.[/quote] The "elapsed time" will only go up to 99 hrs: 99 mins: 59 sec. before it rolls over so it really isn't an accurate way of keeping total hours unless you know it started at 0 when the car was brand new and you are keeping a log of how many times it rolls over. |
|
| Author: | MACKJ [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there a way to find out what the hours are on our CRD |
barnez224 wrote: Is there any way for us to do it on a CRD?Doesn't the "elapsed time" on the EVIC give you this? Use the "step" button to find this function.[/quote] The "elapsed time" will only go up to 99 hrs: 99 mins: 59 sec. before it rolls over so it really isn't an accurate way of keeping total hours unless you know it started at 0 when the car was brand new and you are keeping a log of how many times it rolls over.[/quote] Good point...I haven't reached 99 hrs yet as I inadvertedly reset it after about 40 hrs last year. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|