| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16003 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Drewd [ Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006 |
Hey, Just wanted to praise our Liberty for its performance in our second blizzard in the past week. It had no problem getting my wife to work today and on the way back home I had run across several 2wd vehicles stuck in snow or ditched. Libby performed admirably. I can honestly say I didn't even "feel" the rig pulling any of the vehicles out. I put her in 4 LOW for each extraction and she didn't even flinch as I stepped on the gas. To think my neighbor told me that if my wife's Jeep ever got stuck to give him a call; he owns a Ford 150 4x4. Maybe I should also make him a similar offer? Drew PS Friendly hint: If offering assistance insist that the driver install the tow rope on their own vehicle to limit your liability as a good samaritan. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: PS Friendly hint: If offering assistance insist that the driver install the tow rope on their own vehicle to limit your liability as a good samaritan. That's a very good tip,I never attach a rope/chain to another vehicle unless it's my own.I've pulled many bumbers off vehicles and by making the stuck person attach it to there vehicle I'm not at fault for what I pull off there vehicle.Cops are the best,many think the plastic bumber covers are sturdy enough to attach to,it's funning dragging around a cruiser bumber around town.
|
|
| Author: | CATCRD [ Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006 |
Drewd wrote: Hey,
Just wanted to praise our Liberty for its performance in our second blizzard in the past week. It had no problem getting my wife to work today and on the way back home I had run across several 2wd vehicles stuck in snow or ditched. Libby performed admirably. I can honestly say I didn't even "feel" the rig pulling any of the vehicles out. I put her in 4 LOW for each extraction and she didn't even flinch as I stepped on the gas. To think my neighbor told me that if my wife's Jeep ever got stuck to give him a call; he owns a Ford 150 4x4. Maybe I should also make him a similar offer? Drew PS Friendly hint: If offering assistance insist that the driver install the tow rope on their own vehicle to limit your liability as a good samaritan. Are you located in Colorado? I pulled a powerstroke superduty dually out of a drift he was mired in last week. He was really skeptical, and a little embarassed to be taking a strap from a liberty. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to embarass him any more. |
|
| Author: | corwyyn [ Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006 |
CATCRD wrote: I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to embarass him any more.
Aw man, that is EXACTLY when you need to take pictures! |
|
| Author: | Drewd [ Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yep, I'm located just North of Colorado Springs or just South of Monument pass. |
|
| Author: | BKH [ Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
We had some Denver towing adventures, too. We pulled an older Mercedes ML430 out with the CRD. First, I could NOT believe how effortlessly it pulled a 5000lb vehicle from an inclined spot! Second, I COULD believe how stupid the MB driver was. I saw him spinning down to the ice and stopped him - "did you put it in low range?" I asked? "I don't have a low range," he replied. I said, "Yes, it's activated by a button on the dash." That was followed by, "Oh, never used it in six years - what's it do?" Ugggh. We tried to activate it, but no luck. Tried again and - BAM. Activated, but against its will. When that didn't get him out, we just towed him in one, effortless pull. We then spent the rest of that day and the next rescuing neighbors. It was so much fun watching the look on people's faces when the little Liberty just did it's job - no fuss! God, I love this truck. |
|
| Author: | BKH [ Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The next day, I pulled a 2WD Navigator from Texas out of a drift. |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I pulled a 30' motorhome out of the mud. Plenty of power but traction was the issue. Got a little momentum going and out she came. |
|
| Author: | Drewd [ Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Colorado CRD owners. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to worry about snow for the rest of the winter season. We will NOT have any more snow. Reason: I just blew a %^&*(^ of money on a new snowblower yesterday and let's say I if I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck at all |
|
| Author: | BKH [ Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks, Drewd!!! |
|
| Author: | KenJennings [ Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Drewd wrote: Colorado CRD owners. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to worry about snow for the rest of the winter season. We will NOT have any more snow. Reason: I just blew a %^&*(^ of money on a new snowblower yesterday and let's say I if I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck at all
Because we had two direct hurricane hits during the 2005 season, I blew a couple grand on a generator for the house. Consequently, we had no hurricanes here at all in 2006. Since our major power tools deter the events they are meant for, I suspect we shop at the same stores. Or have the same luck. |
|
| Author: | Drewd [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
So, I'm not the only one. BTW, don't be too hard on me for causing diesel fuel prices to increase. Diesel was cheaper than gasoline before I bought my first diesel. Sooner thereafter, it was more expensive. Go figure. |
|
| Author: | KJMedic [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Drewd wrote: So, I'm not the only one. BTW, don't be too hard on me for causing diesel fuel prices to increase. Diesel was cheaper than gasoline before I bought my first diesel. Sooner thereafter, it was more expensive. Go figure.
I thought I was the cause for that. |
|
| Author: | Vox Fatalis [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJMedic wrote: Drewd wrote: So, I'm not the only one. BTW, don't be too hard on me for causing diesel fuel prices to increase. Diesel was cheaper than gasoline before I bought my first diesel. Sooner thereafter, it was more expensive. Go figure. I thought I was the cause for that. I 3rd this one... And no heated butt-warmers in my Libby!! Waaah! |
|
| Author: | action [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thats pretty funny, 3 of my freinds dropped $10k or more (CDN) on new skidoos this year, and we've had the warmest winter in many years so far!!!! Usually by now we are up to our armpits in snow...right now there might be 8" on the ground!!! Crazy I have to say, I'm very impressed with the CRD's performance in snow....I've had lots of different 4x4 vechicles in the past, but the mix of wieght, the electronic traction control and smooth power delivery of a turbo diesel makes for a lot of fun in the white stuff!!! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|