| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Virginia Lemon Law Thread http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16292 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | hotelalfa [ Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Virginia Lemon Law Thread |
Hi, If you purchased your CRD in Virginia and are now, or may in the future, be taking the lemon law path, please check in here or send me a personal message. Don't tell me anything your lawyer would advise you to keep private. At least we will now where to find each other. If you have ideas about how we can work together please post. Please help by referring people from other forums as well. Herb |
|
| Author: | manganos [ Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You know about me already but I know there are more out there. |
|
| Author: | KJMedic [ Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I bought my CRD in North Carolina but live in Virginia and have researched the Law in Va some. I am currently going thru the Process in North Carolina. |
|
| Author: | BLake [ Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I told DC that I was going to pursue the Lemon Law on mine mostly to see if it would get the dealer off his butt and fix the thing. The only thing wrong with mine is that the dealer service departments are incompetent when it comes to the CRD. I would prefer to keep the Jeep. There is nothing on the market like it. I will Lemon Law it if this drags out much longer. As an owner of a Chevy 6.5 diesel, I know what it like to be on my own. There is nothing really wrong with the GM diesel that the after market doesn't have a fix for. I'm afraid it is going to be the same for the Jeep. All I need is a good torque converter and computer programming to help the EGR valve last longer and I'll be set. At least until the engine blows from a run away because of all of the excess oil going into the engine. |
|
| Author: | hotelalfa [ Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | BLake |
Hi, 42 days as another post of yours today says! Wow! If your lawyer can think of a way we can help you, let us know. Good Luck Herb |
|
| Author: | hotelalfa [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Coming up on 40 days in the shop |
Our CRD is in the shop again. Thanks to those who have connected here, and good luck to all with the CRD |
|
| Author: | BLake [ Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The Jeep is still in the shop as of today, 61 days. I did get to drive it off the lot 2 weeks ago but got 3 blocks before it died again. I got to talk to the mechanic yesterday. His only comment was, "man, you really know this engine". I think I replied with something like 20 years with diesels and one learns a few things. Per the instructions on one of the Lemon Law lawyer sites, the first step is to send them a certified letter. That goes in the mail today. There is a card in the blue and white Owner's Rights booklet in your pouch with the manual. Use the pre-addressed card in the back but send it certified. I'm done with this thing. |
|
| Author: | hotelalfa [ Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Why not use a lawyer? |
BLake, After 61 days, you have a very good case that a VA attorney can take on, at no cost nor risk to you. I wouldn't trust the form in the Jeep manual. The lemon law exists to protect people in your situation - get the help you deserve. H |
|
| Author: | BLake [ Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why not use a lawyer? |
hotelalfa wrote: BLake,
After 61 days, you have a very good case that a VA attorney can take on, at no cost nor risk to you. I wouldn't trust the form in the Jeep manual. The lemon law exists to protect people in your situation - get the help you deserve. H According to a lawyer's website, the first step is for me to send a letter to Jeep. Jeep requires that I send the card from the Warranty book. I'm jumping through DC's hoops. It's been a over a week since I sent the letter and I have not received the return receipt yet. For the record, my Jeep is still at the dealer. They replaced the lines, tank pickup, and fuel filter housing. They ordered a new fuel rail last week, don't know if it is here yet. I place about 5 calls a week to the service manager and he has not bothered to call me back yet. |
|
| Author: | KJMedic [ Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Blake you need to call a Lawyer. Mine sent the letter for me. If a lawyer sends the letter then DCX knows that you are going thru with it. |
|
| Author: | gypsygirl [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So who has gone through a service manager and a "local representative" to get their vehicle bought back or traded? And who has lawyered up and gone the lemon law route? I'm 34 days total in the shop and 7 visits to 4 dealerships for brakes and shaking steering wheel (that they think is caused by brakes). I'm trying to determine how to really start the process since the service manager DCX sent my "file" to is giving me the run-around... Thanks! And yes, I've been thread-digging. Sorry. |
|
| Author: | manganos [ Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
go to google and search stephen p hanna. He will take care of you and tell you "manganos" sent you. He has offices in Richmond and the Tri-Cities area. He is very familiar with lemon lawing chrysler products. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|