| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Diesel in '08 on the wrangler? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16498 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | vtdog [ Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Diesel in '08 on the wrangler? |
I don't know if this is true, but I was just at an outdoor sport show where they had wrangler unlimiteds on the floor to show off to "sportsmen". The one on display with a 6sp manual had a small gasoline v8 and only got 15/19 mpg as per the sticker. To make a very long story short, the sales girl said that in '08 the wrangler unlimited was going to be offered with a diesel and 6 speed. As I said, I don't know if it is true or not, but that is what she said. |
|
| Author: | Special Agent [ Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Let us now bow our heads and pray that this is true. |
|
| Author: | FastTRX [ Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Considering that its already offered in Europe.....there's NO reason why they shouldn't bring it over here. It will indeed be awesome! I too will pray at night! I may know what my next Jeep is.... |
|
| Author: | KenJennings [ Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Diesel in '08 on the wrangler? |
vtdog wrote: ... To make a very long story short, the sales girl said that in '08 the wrangler unlimited was going to be offered with a diesel and 6 speed.
As I said, I don't know if it is true or not, but that is what she said. That's the current and fairly well substantiated rumor. Hopefully, by the third or fourth year they'll have the bugs worked out. By then my Libby's warranties should be just about out. If it hasn't been behaving well I'll probably look at getting an Unlimited with a diesel. (Unless the diesel Wrangler forum is overflowing with owner complaints, too.) |
|
| Author: | Kniggit [ Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
If it had a manual then the only things that would Fark up on it would be the Emissions controls, and they should have them worked out from our diesels, and hopefully the GC's. K |
|
| Author: | pnorton [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just got back from the Auto show in UT. Rep said there will be a Deisel in the Grand but no plans to use a Diesel in any other vehicles??????? |
|
| Author: | Kniggit [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Weight and see |
Its the vehicle weight rating and the engine size that determine this, the reason they increased the size of the 07 Cummins is that a 5.9L engine would have more stringent (cleaner) emissions. This is probably the main reason they moved the CRD to the GC. K |
|
| Author: | MrMopar64 [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The 3.0L CRD in the WK supposedly has the Bluetec system on it so it is able to more easily meet emissions. No word yet on a CRD JK for the states. |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Okay MrMopar64 you can't just drop the inference that you've seen and/or driven a Diesel JK without some more details... and I sure wish they had the classes you're taking while I was going to school - we got stuck with Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics - we never got to play with diesels and real stuff. (UT - BSME 83) |
|
| Author: | MrMopar64 [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Being in the ChallengeX program is great for my sanity - when Thermo and the like gets to be too boring (and just plain stinks), I can go fire up the dyno and work on calibration for the project. Keeps school enjoyable for sure. Now i'm just ready for May '08 to come around so I can graduate and work full-time. Diesel JK is an awesome vehicle - about all i can say until official release of the vehicle to stealerships |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well - if you get any more opportunities, you have volunteers to help test drive them.. and keep reminding folks that if they can export some of those to Texas - we'll buy them too. Thanks for the update |
|
| Author: | Joe Romas [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
FastTRX wrote: Considering that its already offered in Europe.....there's NO reason why they shouldn't bring it over here. It will indeed be awesome! I too will pray at night!
I may know what my next Jeep is.... Hold on |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|