LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

The Texas Blizzard cometh
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16561
Page 1 of 1

Author:  huxrules [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  The Texas Blizzard cometh

Well tonight is the big night for us in Eastern Texas. The weathermen are preempting the Golden Globes every 10 min with dire predictions. It seems like 50 Tornados are bearing down on us with all the warnings scrolling across the tv. Schools are already closed tomorrow and government employees can sleep in. Whats the problem- you see its going to get to 25 degrees tonight and it might ice! I've decided to do my part and plug in my engine block heater for the night. I figure it like this- I paid for the thing and I wont be able to use it for another 364 days. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Author:  JeepGalPeg [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 am ]
Post subject: 

It's 33 degrees in Houston right now! Time to put the shorts away again!

I've never plugged in my CRD because there're no outlets in the parking lot, but even when traveling up North over Thanksgiving I never had any problems starting it up with temps in the low 20's.

Stay warm!

Author:  Spowers [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:30 am ]
Post subject: 

It was 12 degrees this morning in Michigan - not pluged in - started right up. Sub zero's (F) is when you need to be concerned.

Author:  truckbouy2 [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:30 am ]
Post subject: 

25 degrees......
33 degrees......

You Texans are Cupcakes

Author:  action [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:34 am ]
Post subject: 

LOL, wicked

Here in Crazy Newfoundland it was -10 at 6am & snowing lightly, that will change to 0 to +1 this afternoon and turn breifly to rain, then its going to drop to -16 plus windchill to a total of about -30 LOL

Those temperatures are on the fancy celcius scale, you can convert to that ol' farenheight thing...needless to say the jeep will be gettting plugged in tonight!!!

This has been another weird winter, usually we have snow from the end of November on, this year like last year we have yet to have a major snowstorm. We've had heavy rain and temperaures as high as +16 in recent weeks!!!

Author:  Desert Dog [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:24 am ]
Post subject: 

Out here in West Texas, got to 14 Monday morning. that's cold for Texas. Started right up. Used to die when it was cold. After the torque recall does a lot better. People here are finding out 4WD doesn't help on ice!

Author:  action [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:15 am ]
Post subject: 

4wd gets you going, but stopping is just the same as any other car!!!!

Tires make the difference.

Author:  chrismc [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:25 am ]
Post subject: 

I left the house at 9F (-13C) this morning just outside of St Louis. CRD started right up, albeit with "a bit" of noise. I can't get over how little these things smoke. My '02 Cummins would have fogged out the whole neighborhood starting up on a morning like this, but the CRD just belched out a little from the hard start, and cleared right up.

Thankfully, my power was back on by today for a nice hot shower to start the day off with. Others around here aren't so lucky, as we got hit pretty bad with the ice storm and power outages. My power was off for three days, but the generator kept the important things running (furnace, fridge, internet).

Author:  ATXKJ [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's not just the cold
It started with a week of rain - so the ground was soaked - and then it froze - so the ground was ice - then the frozen rain, then sleet and now snow.
I actually like to drive in snow, but I don't like ice.. all you do is slide in ice - which is fun if you're in a big empty parking lot with no one around - not fun if you're trying to go anywhere - however about anything non-emergency is shut down.
I35 was shut down for a few hours - 5 - 18 wheelers had a chain wreck/run off the road - I10 west of San Antonio is shut down along with lot's of smaller roads.

Home is nice an warm - we'll think about work tomorrow.

Author:  ATXKJ [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well - they said they were going to start up today - so I came in - no problems - although I'm almost alone, we'll see how the day goes - it was nice being on the road only saw about 4-5 other vehicles on the 10 mile drive. This was the first time I've driven in slippy weather with the Front Truetrac and on the bridges (still icy) you could feel it pulling the Jeep straight accross.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/