LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Anyone had this replaced???
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16628
Page 1 of 1

Author:  W3CSX [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Anyone had this replaced???

So Friday I was driving to lunch minding my own. When the check engine light came on. No ill handling or funny driving characteristics. I checked the gas cap to see if it was just loose. Hoping I only had vapor lock. No luck.

I took it to the dealer Friday night. Saturday the mechanic called late in the day. He said I would have to wait until Monday and talk to the service mgr. Monday he called said the throttle body was bad. :? He also said just for good measure they where going to put in a new EGR.

So what could have caused the throttle body? Bad fuel?

Jason

Author:  sbohner [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Seems a bit related, but more like a shotgun approach to trouble shooting. Good luck with this one.

Author:  IndyCRD [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

When they said "Throttle Body", I bet they were referring to the egr flow control. That's my guess. If that's the case, you have joined the ranks of many who have had them replaced. When mine went out, they also replaced the EGR at the same time like you mentioned.

The mechanic that you talked to was probably more familiar with gasoline engines and therefore called it a throttle body.

Author:  Goglio704 [ Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:25 am ]
Post subject: 

The DC parts system refers to the EGR flow control valve as a throttle body. It is good that they replaced both.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/