LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Video of Libby on the beach
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17799
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cutezangel [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Video of Libby on the beach

Here are two short clips of our 2006 CRD 4x4 on a Florida beach near Palm Coast.
As I remember all where in Fulltime and ESP on!

I own a Baja truck and I was so impressed with the Libby with stock tires. I only could get the Libby stuck in two wheel drive, ESP off and tons of gas!
Enjoy:

ps. Quicktime needed------------------> http://www.apple.com/quicktime


http://homepage.mac.com/bonito/libby_sand.mov

http://homepage.mac.com/bonito/libby.mov

Author:  DarbyWalters [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Interesting watching the "traction control" work much like a good LSD

Author:  Jeger [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:18 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for posting those up.

So far I have been impressed with the traction control, it is cool to get to watch it though.

Author:  offroadsubaru [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

It almost sounds like the turbo has a blowoff valve when the Liberty pulls itself out of the deep sand and the driver backs off the throttle.

Author:  foosed [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

I will be taking my CRD to the NC Outer Banks this summer, so it is good to see how well I can expect it to do in the sand. Thanks for the video with audio. I would like to hear more sound clips or videos with sound to get a good idea of what the engine sounds like. The only other one I hear regularly is an '05 that lives in my neighborhood, and it sounds like every gasket in the engine is bad. I don't know if it's the turbo or what, but there is some major air noise coming from under that hood.

Author:  cutezangel [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

foosed,
we too will be going to the outerbanks in a couple of months. I go there frequently for windsurfing and I know the sand is much softer there but there is a fish bait shop close to the light hose. As you are going north its past the light house and on your left. You can air up your tires there for FREE!
Don't do what I have seen a few years, a Subaru Outback letting all the air out and then the tire came of the rim, lol.
I will take some video when we are up there. I will expirement with the tire pressure, I have a 10 lbs Powertank to fill my tires, man live is good........lol.
Once the weather gets better I will go some more off roading videos and post 'em.


:D

Author:  Ugg [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

foosed wrote:
I will be taking my CRD to the NC Outer Banks this summer, so it is good to see how well I can expect it to do in the sand. Thanks for the video with audio. I would like to hear more sound clips or videos with sound to get a good idea of what the engine sounds like. The only other one I hear regularly is an '05 that lives in my neighborhood, and it sounds like every gasket in the engine is bad. I don't know if it's the turbo or what, but there is some major air noise coming from under that hood.



Take a look in the Carolina Section. We had 4 jeeps there this past weekend and some of the pics are posted. We ran into soft sand (5"+) and we also ran into some hard packed sand.

When you get close to coming down let us know and we might all get a chance to wheel together. OBTW the CRD loves to play in the sand.

Author:  BVCRD [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

cutezangel wrote:
foosed,
we too will be going to the outerbanks in a couple of months. I go there frequently for windsurfing and I know the sand is much softer there but there is a fish bait shop close to the light hose. As you are going north its past the light house and on your left. You can air up your tires there for FREE!
Don't do what I have seen a few years, a Subaru Outback letting all the air out and then the tire came of the rim, lol.
I will take some video when we are up there. I will expirement with the tire pressure, I have a 10 lbs Powertank to fill my tires, man live is good........lol.
Once the weather gets better I will go some more off roading videos and post 'em.


:D




I use a 12V air compresser that has a high volume PSI.

Author:  dog_party [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice videos. I love seeing you dig out with all four. And I love the sound of the 2.8l tractor motor.

Anyone coming up to OBX ought to post up in the Carolina LOST section. I can pretty much guarantee you could have wheeling company if you want it.

Author:  cutezangel [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Awsom, will take you up on it when we come to OBX.

:D

Author:  cutezangel [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Some more videos a bit smaller this time.




http://homepage.mac.com/bonito/libby2.mov

Author:  cutezangel [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Hummer vs Libby

Hummer can't pull out a Libby?
But a Jeep Wrangler can?

http://homepage.mac.com/bonito/hummervslibby.mov


ps. why did I get stuck in first place? Oh yeah, 2 wheel drive, ESP off and tons of gas.......... ](*,)

Author:  BVCRD [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

More like just 2 wheel drive. I knew a guy that took his 2 wheel drive about 10 miles down Galveston beach once about 20 years ago. Got stuck. Blazer went by but couldn't get him out. Hitched a ride with Blazer back to town. Got a tow truck and went back out to get it, and it was gone!!! Tide took it out. :lol:

Author:  cutezangel [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would never obandon my vehicle!


8)

Author:  BVCRD [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

cutezangel wrote:
I would never obandon my vehicle!


8)




The Blazer almost got stuck trying to get it out. It was either catch a ride into town, or sit there and watch it happen. He was alone as if that mattered. Just a fool mistake. The little pickup was a rag anyway. He had to have cash wired to him for the bus ride back to Kansas. Long ride home.

Author:  cutezangel [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh darn.....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/