| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Just when I thought things were going bad...they got worse!! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17819 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lea ann [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Just when I thought things were going bad...they got worse!! |
When I put the Jeep in the shop 2 weeks ago, the dealer took us to a little used car lot that rents cars from their lot. They put us at first in a 99 Chevy Tahoe with 190k miles on it, yes, 190k!! While we were putting the car seats in it, I noticed there was antifreeze running at my feet. We opened the hood and there was a crack in the radiatior tank, so we took it back to the car lot. They put us in a 02 Ford Windstar minivan. We drove it home noticing a little sound from the tires but the lot had allready closed so we went on home anyway. Both of my kids were home sick for the next 3 days, so I finally had to drive the van and the sound was getting worse the longer I drove it. Hubby and I took it to town and back to the lot and told them there was a wheel-bearing going out on it. They drove it around because they did not believe us!! They agreed something was wrong and put us back in the Tahoe (they fixed the leak). Well today, I go to back out of my carport in the Tahoe and it does not go in reverse!!! The REVERSE ON THE TRANNY IS GONE!!!!! We are gonna have to pull it out of the carport with the 4 wheeler and hopefully drive works and take it back to the Jeep dealership and DEMAND them to give me a reliable rental!!! And, on the side note, my 3 year old daughter has been really sick with pneumonia this past 3 weeks and the doctor thinks she has cystic fibrosis, so please add her to your prayer list!! The testing is scheduled right now for March 19, but her MD is trying to get it moved closer because she is soo sick. I will try to update when I can! |
|
| Author: | Cowpie1 [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have had mixed results when getting a loaner from the dealerships I have dealt with. Some dirty vehicles, some real beauties. Seems a hit and miss with them. Sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. Rest assured that some of us here will keep her in mind and say a prayer for her and your family. |
|
| Author: | willie [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Just when I thought things were going bad...they got wor |
And, on the side note, my 3 year old daughter has been really sick with pneumonia this past 3 weeks and the doctor thinks she has cystic fibrosis, so please add her to your prayer list!! The testing is scheduled right now for March 19, but her MD is trying to get it moved closer because she is soo sick. I will try to update when I can![/quote] My prayers and thoughts are with you and your little one. Willy |
|
| Author: | Drewd [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Most newborns are tested for CF so I hope its nothing more than a persistent respiratory infection. Sweat testing is also commonly used to test for CF. I pray that her prognosis is favorable. |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Good luck with your daughter Lea Ann |
|
| Author: | Bovie [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My Prayers are with you and your daughter also. Hopefully, the dealership makes this right also. |
|
| Author: | gsbrockman [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cowcatcher wrote: Good luck with your daughter Lea Ann
X2 ! |
|
| Author: | widowmaker [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Just when I thought things were going bad...they got wor |
lea ann wrote: And, on the side note, my 3 year old daughter has been really sick with pneumonia this past 3 weeks and the doctor thinks she has cystic fibrosis, so please add her to your prayer list!!
I've added her Lea ann. I always go straight to manufacturer when my kids are are having trouble. |
|
| Author: | lea ann [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thank you all for your comments! I took her to the ER on Thursday at a bigger city than what we are by and they did admit her then the Pedi said she was ok and kicked discharged her even though she had lost 8% of her body weight in 3 days (8lbs), was severly dehydrated, could not keep down her meds, and had pneumonia. Needless to say, I was not a happy mommy! Took her back to her dr this morning and she is better but still has the pneumonia in her right lower lobe. She will go see a Pediatric Pulmonologist on March 20, and I hope he will answer lots of questions. Thank you again for all your prayers and support. This and the whole Jeep/Loaner situation is really wearing on my body and nerves!!! |
|
| Author: | bhysjulien [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
When my daughter was a new born and was having some problems we could only get appointments for specialists a month to two months out. We made the appointment and called the appointment desk EVERY day to ask if there were any cancellations/no shows and could we get her in sooner. We got her in to see the doctor in about a week. Something I thought you could try. Your family will be in our hearts and prayers. |
|
| Author: | lea ann [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well, got a phone call from dealer today RIGHT AFTER WE PUT $20 WORTH OF GAS IN THE RENTAL (A TAHOE)!!! We decided to go ahead and make the 90 mile trip to go pick up our oldest from school and back to the dealer before we went to go get it so we could waste some gas! Mike (hubby) got in the Jeep and drove it for a good 15 minutes without any problems. Went and had a little meeting with the SM and talked about what would happen if things went south again and he said we "DID HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON WITH THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE HAD" and said that DC knew my feelings on "this is the last chance!" Signed papers, received a new PCV Pressure Regulator and Boost Pressure Sensor. Left there and went to pick up oldest daughter from dance at 6 p.m. (dealer is now CLOSED) and guess what happens...................................IT SHUDDERS AGAIN!!!!! Tomorrow, as soon as they open, they will have a very very very pissed white country gal all up on their a#%!!!! NOT GONNA BE GOOOOODDD!!! I know some of you think or "know" what is causing it but I feel like my dealer still should find what is causing the problem and fix it..not me...that is what they are there for and that is what I paid for when I purchased a new vehicle with a warranty on it. IT WILL BE FIXED OR DC WILL GET IT BACK....PERIOD!! |
|
| Author: | GregScuba [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
LeeAnn, with your daughter's persistent pneumonia and weight loss, is there a chance it could be tuberculosis? When was the last time she had a PPD skin test? If she has TB, then the treatment is an antibiotic regimen for a few months and it usually clears right up. To me it sounds more like TB than CF. The only way to be sure is to get a full work up, chest X-ray, sweat test for CF, PPD skin test for TB, etc. I am a little upset that these physicians have been lallygagging around on this. PM me if you have any questions. |
|
| Author: | TDI4BY [ Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Explain your shudder, when does it happen? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|