| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Tire size options for CRD http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20794 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | macd [ Thu May 17, 2007 2:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Tire size options for CRD |
I am looking to replace my stock CRD tires. What options to I have for size? I'd like to move up one size. |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Thu May 17, 2007 3:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
245/70/16 |
|
| Author: | valoflyby [ Thu May 17, 2007 3:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yup. That's what I'm currently running. General AT2s. No lift. |
|
| Author: | marauderer [ Thu May 17, 2007 5:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
valoflyby wrote: Yup. That's what I'm currently running. General AT2s. No lift.
Me too!! $70/ea less than BFG's and basically the same tread. |
|
| Author: | Zonie [ Thu May 17, 2007 6:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Me three. That's as big as you can go without rubbing or without a lift. Do some research at tirerack.com to find the tire you need/want. Lots of info without actually buying there. |
|
| Author: | KJMedic [ Thu May 17, 2007 7:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
245/70/16's here no rubbing problems for me. Alot better ride too. |
|
| Author: | crackercrd [ Thu May 17, 2007 10:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I was thinking of trying some 235/75-r16, any thoughts? |
|
| Author: | Zonie [ Thu May 17, 2007 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I was looking for more rubber on the road and less sidewall to flex. Go to tirerack.com and look at the specs for the 2 sizes. If I remember correctly, the 245/70 had better ratings and a better selection of brands were available in that size. The price difference is minimal. |
|
| Author: | macd [ Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
What kind of gas mileage hit can I expect if I move up to 245/70-16? Anyone have any pictures of their CRDs with the 245s on that I could take a peak at? |
|
| Author: | Zonie [ Fri May 18, 2007 11:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I put them on at 6000 miles and keep them inflated@38 psi. My mileage has continued to improve since. More a function of engine break-in than tires, I imagine. I don't know how to post pictures on here. if you'll PM me your e-mail address, I'll send some. |
|
| Author: | KJMedic [ Fri May 18, 2007 12:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I will take a couple of pics tomorrow and post up in the AM. |
|
| Author: | techTim [ Fri May 18, 2007 7:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | speedo, evic correction? |
do you need to change or modify anything for the speedo to read correctly? minor point, but maybe the overhead info widgit will give even worse info? |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Fri May 18, 2007 8:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: speedo, evic correction? |
techTim wrote: do you need to change or modify anything for the speedo to read correctly? minor point, but maybe the overhead info widgit will give even worse info?
I believe the dealer can re-program the BCM to accomodate this slight change. Most CRD's run about 2 MPH over on the speedo and about 6% under on the odometer with OEM tires. |
|
| Author: | spoonplugger1 [ Fri May 18, 2007 9:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
At 60 on the speedo I'm actually doing 60 1/2 mph with the 245/70s on. |
|
| Author: | CRuD Bucket [ Sat May 19, 2007 1:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
How about with a 2.5" lift? I'm getting close to replacing the factory crap that came on mine. Probably looking at the 245/70/16's anyway. I guess a 75 would give me more height? |
|
| Author: | GregScuba [ Sat May 19, 2007 4:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yep 245-75-16 is usually about 30.6 inches tall. |
|
| Author: | techTim [ Sun May 20, 2007 12:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
cool, can't wait for the rains to hit this fall and go get my BFG A/T's, and a more accurate speedo/odo. |
|
| Author: | CRuD Bucket [ Sun May 20, 2007 8:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Lots to ponder here. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT&width=265%2F&ratio=75&diameter=16&tireSearch=true I will probably go with the Silent Armors in one size or another. |
|
| Author: | CRuD Bucket [ Sun May 20, 2007 8:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: yep 245-75-16 is usually about 30.6 inches tall.
How tall is a 245-70-16? I think I'd stick with the 245 so I don't end up installing mudflaps. |
|
| Author: | action [ Fri May 25, 2007 12:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm running 235/75/16 on my stock suspended CRD...looks great, no rubbing. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|