It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tire size options for CRD
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 50
I am looking to replace my stock CRD tires. What options to I have for size? I'd like to move up one size.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 4:27 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Dayton, OH
245/70/16

_________________
It may be that your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:12 pm
Posts: 74
Location: NoVA / DC Metro
Yup. That's what I'm currently running. General AT2s. No lift.

_________________
Current Stable: (YES, I have a problem. NO, I don't want "help".)
FOUR Wheelers: 05 Jeep CRD Liberty, 09 VW Sportwagen TDI, 2000, Honda Odyssey, 1994 Mazda Miata, 2000 Mazda Miata
TWO Wheelers: 06 Triumph 675, 04 BMW R1150RT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:39 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Powder Springs, GA
valoflyby wrote:
Yup. That's what I'm currently running. General AT2s. No lift.


Me too!!

$70/ea less than BFG's and basically the same tread.

_________________
Barr
06 JLL CRD 04/06/06 23K+ mi., Amsoil, Racor Fuel Filter, EHM, ORM, 3" SS exh from Turbo back, Fumoto, 245/70/16 Grabber AT2
Waiting for installation: TransGo 45RFE-HD2, S&B Air Filter, ProVent
06 Jetta TDI/DSG, RC1+, VAG-COM,
V-65 Drag Bike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 228
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Me three. That's as big as you can go without rubbing or without a lift.
Do some research at tirerack.com to find the tire you need/want. Lots of info without actually buying there.

_________________
2006 Dk. Khaki Limited (BD 4/18/06)
-Mopar Tow Pkg. and Skids
-Magnaflow
-Fumoto Valve
-Provent 200, ORM
-Rotella T 5w/40
-V6 Air Box
-245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer CTS
-Amsoil EAA201 air filter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Danville, Va
245/70/16's here no rubbing problems for me. Alot better ride too.

_________________
O|||||||O

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:14 am
Posts: 134
Location: FL
I was thinking of trying some 235/75-r16, any thoughts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 228
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
I was looking for more rubber on the road and less sidewall to flex. Go to tirerack.com and look at the specs for the 2 sizes. If I remember correctly, the 245/70 had better ratings and a better selection of brands were available in that size. The price difference is minimal.

_________________
2006 Dk. Khaki Limited (BD 4/18/06)
-Mopar Tow Pkg. and Skids
-Magnaflow
-Fumoto Valve
-Provent 200, ORM
-Rotella T 5w/40
-V6 Air Box
-245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer CTS
-Amsoil EAA201 air filter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 50
What kind of gas mileage hit can I expect if I move up to 245/70-16? Anyone have any pictures of their CRDs with the 245s on that I could take a peak at?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:02 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 228
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
I put them on at 6000 miles and keep them inflated@38 psi. My mileage has continued to improve since. More a function of engine break-in than tires, I imagine.
I don't know how to post pictures on here. if you'll PM me your e-mail address, I'll send some.

_________________
2006 Dk. Khaki Limited (BD 4/18/06)
-Mopar Tow Pkg. and Skids
-Magnaflow
-Fumoto Valve
-Provent 200, ORM
-Rotella T 5w/40
-V6 Air Box
-245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer CTS
-Amsoil EAA201 air filter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Danville, Va
I will take a couple of pics tomorrow and post up in the AM.

_________________
O|||||||O

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: speedo, evic correction?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 am
Posts: 145
Location: Roseburg Or
do you need to change or modify anything for the speedo to read correctly? minor point, but maybe the overhead info widgit will give even worse info?

_________________
'05 CRD limited, SEGR, EHM, Magnaflow 18" muffler, OEM skid plates, bug guard, trailer kit, yakima cross bars and basket, CAT filter,
....more to come.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: speedo, evic correction?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 pm
Posts: 1830
Location: Spokane, WA
techTim wrote:
do you need to change or modify anything for the speedo to read correctly? minor point, but maybe the overhead info widgit will give even worse info?


I believe the dealer can re-program the BCM to accomodate this slight change. Most CRD's run about 2 MPH over on the speedo and about 6% under on the odometer with OEM tires.

_________________
Dave

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:22 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Camas, WA
At 60 on the speedo I'm actually doing 60 1/2 mph with the 245/70s on.

_________________
No one knows as much as all of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
How about with a 2.5" lift?
I'm getting close to replacing the factory crap that came on mine. Probably looking at the 245/70/16's anyway. I guess a 75 would give me more height?

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 206
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
yep 245-75-16 is usually about 30.6 inches tall.

_________________
--Greg
2005 CRD Sport in white
2.5" Daystar Lift Kit
245/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:16 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 am
Posts: 145
Location: Roseburg Or
cool, can't wait for the rains to hit this fall and go get my BFG A/T's, and a more accurate speedo/odo. 8)

_________________
'05 CRD limited, SEGR, EHM, Magnaflow 18" muffler, OEM skid plates, bug guard, trailer kit, yakima cross bars and basket, CAT filter,
....more to come.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:31 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
Lots to ponder here. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT&width=265%2F&ratio=75&diameter=16&tireSearch=true
I will probably go with the Silent Armors in one size or another.

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:46 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
Quote:
yep 245-75-16 is usually about 30.6 inches tall.


How tall is a 245-70-16? I think I'd stick with the 245 so I don't end up installing mudflaps. :shock:

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 11:17 am
Posts: 83
Location: Newfoundland
I'm running 235/75/16 on my stock suspended CRD...looks great, no rubbing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com