| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Brake Controller, again http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22614 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | 1TDI4Me [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Brake Controller, again |
Sorry but I just don't have time for the search function tonight. I'm going towing tomorrow and need quick feedback. I looked in the glovebox and found no pigtail for the brake controller. I went to the dealer and they couldn't find one in the catalog, or in stock. My rig is an '06 that I bought with 6900 miles on it. It has the factory tow package. Shouldn't it have a pigtail in the glovebox? I took the under-dash plastic off to see if it was perhaps hooked up and waiting but didn't find a pigtail or an empty connector waiting to recieve it. What now? Where does the pigtail hook up? Where would I get one? Is it possible that it is built in since we now have units without a pendulum? Thanks in advance. My 4-wheelers really want to go camping. |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The brake controller wire is under the dash on the drivers side. You pretty much need to pull up the plastic on the drivers door sill, the plastic panel by the drivers left foot and then you will see a cheap black plastic panel (or was it white?) about 4" wide and perhaps 8" tall that is taped shut. The wire is in there and should have a taped label on it saying "brake". |
|
| Author: | 1TDI4Me [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cool. Thanks, Dave. I'll go tear into it. |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
1TDI4Me wrote: Cool. Thanks, Dave. I'll go tear into it.
There are pictures somewhere. I will look and post them here. These are Corwynn's pics, save the thanks for him
|
|
| Author: | 1TDI4Me [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks again. I got in there and found the single red wire and later found the tape it was supposed to have that says"electric Brake". Only one bloody finger. It is a total bugger to get that box open with all those harnesses around it. Now, where to tap the other wires? |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
There is a plug in the firewall right near this bundle and a little higher up. I went through it with ground and power and went right to the battery with a 20 amp braker on the engine side of the fire wall up high in front of the driver. I attached it to an existing bolt. |
|
| Author: | WWV [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | link to topic |
Here's the link to the brake install topic. Some of it is repeat info but my be helpful. With the help of the others input, I wrote a pretty detailed install experience on the 1st page of link that may help..... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... sc&start=0 WWV |
|
| Author: | LibertyCRD [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My pigtail was in the rear cargo area in the little net pocket when I took delivery from the dealer. It's a PAIN to hook up too... |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
LibertyCRD wrote: My pigtail was in the rear cargo area in the little net pocket when I took delivery from the dealer. It's a PAIN to hook up too...
Welcome back!!! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|