| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| OME advice http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22628 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Johnboy [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | OME advice |
I am a farmboy and veterinary scientist, neither of which has taught me much about coil suspension. So, after reading and saving money for a couple of months….. Any insight would be appreciated. I have an 05 CRD (really good vehicle despite the clearance, wheel well size, and transmission…) Pretty sure she is sagging in the front (but only 22K miles?) as the CV shafts are running at an upward angle from the diff to the hubs… OME is very appealing, in fact, I am getting all OME for all four corners. So, where should I buy? What should I buy? Pre-compressed and assembled sounds great to me, but probably not required. RRO (I know I know) sells everything for $723 shipped, plus $40 for “trim spacers” to achieve an extra “leveling” ½ inch for the front. I do not want to go as high as Franken or Rustys or…… just want OME performance with out the possible complications of going higher. Any other parts I need in order to get this done? Bumpstops etc? Intend to run 245/75/R16 general grabber at2 on stock rims??? Is this feasible with the OME system as mentioned above? 245/70/R16 seems to be a safe alternative but not as appealing. I am looking to improve the clearance and capability of the vehicle as well as its every day manners, if I need to get somewhere tough, just have to pump the pedal twice and fire up old blue…. Any advice, opinions, or suggestions more than welcome!!!! Last thing…any one willing to trade some manual/farm/livestock/etc labor (me) for some wrenching (you) in the Ames or southwest Iowa area, let me know. Thanks… |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
First off, welcome! Im not sure if you know or not but OME actually makes a CRD front spring...not just the heavy duty, but one specifically for the CRD. The only place I know of you can get it is All J's http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift_crd.htm Im sure they will sell you an OME lift that has not been "Frankenized" |
|
| Author: | Johnboy [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks...amazing site...I learn more and more every day. I need to call AllJ's, but I am trying to learn every thing I can first. |
|
| Author: | DarbyWalters [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You are not sagging...the front diff on the CRD is mounted lower and to the passenger side (because of the depth and dimensions of the Big 4 banger). The drivers side CVAxle is also shorter. |
|
| Author: | GilaMonster [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had the negative angle CVs before I lifted, with the Frankenlift for CRD and what a difference it made. I purchased the pre-assembly front shocks with the heavy duty ARB coil spring and the spacers to lift. You could call All-Js and ask them to assembly you some OME front shocks with the heavy duty spring without spacers. This does make the front end alot stiffer, but in my opinion it makes the CRD much better. No more nose diving when braking or front end plunge through corners. Worth it just for the better road manners. Lastly, I can not say enough about how good All-Js was to me on a service level. Good people. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|