| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Which AMSOIL diff fluid in our rear axle? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29652 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | qdog [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Which AMSOIL diff fluid in our rear axle? |
There are several choices. I have a 2005 with 30k and need to change it. Would like to use AMSOIL. Help. |
|
| Author: | crawdad-480 [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Greetings, Have you checked out the amsoil online product application guide? Check out the following link http://www.amsoil.com/scripts/runisa.dl ... loaf:index You could then reference their selections with the owners manual. Hope this helps. |
|
| Author: | Cowpie1 [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I replaced the diff fluids with Amsoil Severe Gear 75w140 in the rear and 75W90 in the front about 2500 miles and again at 25K. I pull a lot of loads with my CRD work it pretty good off the road. The Amsoil Severe Gear oils might be more than you need for normal driving. One of the other products might save you a few bucks. When you do this job, forget the RTV sealant for the rear diff cover! Save yourself some hassle and get one the the gaskets from www.lubelocker.com Get the Chrysler 8.25 gasket for the rear. Drain and fill plugs for front, so not an issue. Gasket goes on "dry" and I have reused the gasket with no leaks. |
|
| Author: | Endurance [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cowpie1 wrote: I replaced the diff fluids with Amsoil Severe Gear 75w140 in the rear and 75W90 in the front about 2500 miles and again at 25K.
I pull a lot of loads with my CRD work it pretty good off the road. The Amsoil Severe Gear oils might be more than you need for normal driving. One of the other products might save you a few bucks. When you do this job, forget the RTV sealant for the rear diff cover! Save yourself some hassle and get one the the gaskets from www.lubelocker.com Get the Chrysler 8.25 gasket for the rear. Drain and fill plugs for front, so not an issue. Gasket goes on "dry" and I have reused the gasket with no leaks. x2 on the gasket. I was so glad I bought that thing and didnt have to mess with RTV. |
|
| Author: | qdog [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
do i need to use any additives for the rear or just put the Amsoil 75-140 severe gear in there? |
|
| Author: | Cowpie1 [ Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
qdog wrote: do i need to use any additives for the rear or just put the Amsoil 75-140 severe gear in there?
No need for additives. Just use the Amsoil. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
qdog wrote: do i need to use any additives for the rear or just put the Amsoil 75-140 severe gear in there?
If you have factory Trac-lock you might need to add a little limited slip additive to it. My old Trac-lock liked a bottle of it when I changed gear oil.(P/N ADABA) |
|
| Author: | crd liberty [ Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cowpie1 wrote: I replaced the diff fluids with Amsoil Severe Gear 75w140 in the rear and 75W90 in the front about 2500 miles and again at 25K.
I pull a lot of loads with my CRD work it pretty good off the road. The Amsoil Severe Gear oils might be more than you need for normal driving. One of the other products might save you a few bucks. When you do this job, forget the RTV sealant for the rear diff cover! Save yourself some hassle and get one the the gaskets from www.lubelocker.com Get the Chrysler 8.25 gasket for the rear. Drain and fill plugs for front, so not an issue. Gasket goes on "dry" and I have reused the gasket with no leaks. Just looked there 16.95 gasket. 12.44 shipping and handeling. I have to stick with the RTV, looks like. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|