| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Another Departed.....07 Grand Cherokee CRD owner now! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29696 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | MrWinkey [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Another Departed.....07 Grand Cherokee CRD owner now! |
OK guys... I went out to the dealer to fix another EGR code and they gave me a steal of a deal on a new 07 Grand Cherokee w/ the 3.0L in it. Was very sad to see the lil Liberty go....we had some good memories with that lil car despite it's ongoing issues... Anyways.....sorry to say another one has moved on...I'll check back in to see how things are floating now and agian. |
|
| Author: | biggiefl [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
What is saying the 3.0L is not going to have the same plague of problems the CRD did? I have almost 40k with no problems other than 2 EGRs replaced under warranty and the misc. recalls, how bad was yours and what did they give you for trade? |
|
| Author: | Uffe [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Do report back on how the new car feels and handles compared to the KJ! Very interesting buy I say! Let's hear stories when they come along! |
|
| Author: | chadhargis [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Oh man! I'd love to have a Cherokee CRD. That's a seriously nice vehicle. |
|
| Author: | MrWinkey [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I picked up an 07 GC Limited for 32k and got Full Private Party Book for my trade in. So it was a pretty darn good deal by my standards. So far the GC is much more stable and corners much nicer. The 3.0L ride is much smoother but that could be due to the fact my liberty was a Sport and this is a Limtied GC. I do have to say I prefer the seats of the GC to the seats of the Liberty. So far I like the tranny better also. It always seems to be in the right gear vs. the Liberty CRD seemed to constantly be in the wrong gear. This was not a big deal for me as I do about 50/50 driving and got used to it. Dont get me wrong...I loved that lil Liberty and if I had more $$ I would have kept them both. The Liberty was a great lil highway travler and worked great but I like the GC for the more room. Yes I did get tired of the Liberty turning on the check engine light every 2-3 months...for various things. It was not a car I wanted to keep past my warranty period. If this GC does that I'm going to trade it in on a Toyota....or start riding a bike.....hitchike maybe? |
|
| Author: | crd liberty [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Stealership here by me can't give them away. They keep hounding me but too much cabbage and sides that, it is to heavy to tow behind. Steve |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
chadhargis wrote: Oh man! I'd love to have a Cherokee CRD. That's a seriously nice vehicle.
Me too! Though a Grand Cherokee would probably be even nicer. |
|
| Author: | litton [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
We seriously enjoy our GC and are looking to replace it with the GC CRD when the time is right. With our little Libby CRD, the GC spends most of it's time in the garage. However for longer trips and towing our TT, the comfort of the GC just can't be beat. |
|
| Author: | Threeweight [ Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The MPG on the Grand Cherokee is a deal killer for me. I think that 3.0 gets better mileage in a giant Sprinter work van than it does in the GC. Oddly, the massive V10 diesel in the VW Toureg (550 foot pounds of torque) was rated at 17/22... the same as the GC. Chrysler really needs to work on this issue if they are going to climb out of the hole they are in. |
|
| Author: | DarbyWalters [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think like most diesels tho, you will get better HWY miles than the EPA esimates...and it costs MUCH less than the VW Toureg. |
|
| Author: | MrWinkey [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The sticker on the windows said 20/24 My CRD libby only got that so far it's a wash for me. I think it should be easy to get it around 26 mpg on the highway. |
|
| Author: | DarbyWalters [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The NEW EPA ratings are 17/22 for the GC 3.0L...but you should get better. The NEW EPA ratings for the Libewrty CRD are 19/23...so they are pretty close. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Threeweight wrote: The MPG on the Grand Cherokee is a deal killer for me. I think that 3.0 gets better mileage in a giant Sprinter work van than it does in the GC. Oddly, the massive V10 diesel in the VW Toureg (550 foot pounds of torque) was rated at 17/22... the same as the GC.
Chrysler really needs to work on this issue if they are going to climb out of the hole they are in. I wouldn't call it "massive" at 5 liters, but large yes. |
|
| Author: | Reflex [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The people I know with the GC CRD are averaging around 22-23mpg. I average 23-24mpg with my Liberty. So its not much of a loss for a much nicer vehicle. Thats my next vehicle if they ever stick the 6cyl Cummins in it... |
|
| Author: | retmil46 [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sounds like they knocked at least 10 grand off the sticker anf gave you max trade-in value on the Liberty. If they're offering deals like that, doesn't sound as if these beasts are flying off the lots. Came to an interesting realization the other day - the three most reliable vehicles I've owned were also the cheapest as far as purchase price. '65 Mustang I6 auto - $800 '87 MB - 6 grand '87 Subaru wagon - 12 grand brand new Note to self - if I need to buy another vehicle before I'm too old to drive, go cheap! |
|
| Author: | Reflex [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Keep in mind that he got one that was a model year old, and they have to compete with the fact that you can get the 08 version in Laredo trim. I was able to get one priced at about $33k brand new for 08. Whether or not they are flying off lots depends on where you live, here in the Seattle area they are flying off lots, as I related last month after visiting a lot for service and watching two drive off it while another was being test driven. The sales guys said they can't keep them in stock, and the lot had at least 10 of them whcih he said would likely be gone in a week... |
|
| Author: | Threeweight [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sir Sam wrote: I wouldn't call it "massive" at 5 liters, but large yes. Not massive in displacement, but in output. 310 horsepower and 553 foot pounds of torque is pretty beefy for a mid-sized SUV, much larger than the 215 hp and 376 foot pounds of torque produced by the GC's V6. It is actually edging up near the power of the high output Cummins in the big Ram 3500's (350 and 650). As someone commented in a thread a few weeks ago, across the spectrum Chrysler vehicles tend to lag behind the competition in fuel efficiency, even with equivalent power/sized vehicles. If Cerebrus is going to turn them around and make the company profitable again, that's gotta change. Regular unleaded just hit an average of $3.14 in Oregon ($3.48 for diesel). You can't gain market share in a down economy with fuel costs like that by making vehicles that are substantially less fuel efficient than the competition. |
|
| Author: | chrispitude [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DarbyWalters wrote: I think like most diesels tho, you will get better HWY miles than the EPA esimates...and it costs MUCH less than the VW Toureg.
I've gotten better city and mileage than sticker on every vehicle I've owned, thanks to all my hypermiler tricks (which I was doing well before hypermiling was cool). That is, up until I got the CRD. Getting great fuel efficiency out of the CRD is like convincing a mule to tapdance. It just doesn't seem to want to do it, even though I keep telling myself on some level it's physically capable of it... - Chris |
|
| Author: | VACRD [ Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have been looking at the 2007 CRD's in the Northern Va area on the Jeep Web Site. Only one left in the area. None of the dealers in in a 75 mile radius are stocking new 2008's CRD's in their inventories. Sounds like they are not selling too fast. |
|
| Author: | biggiefl [ Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I looked at them when I was having my 2nd EGR replaced but the main deal killer for me was the MPG and more importantly the 36k warranty. I could have bought an 06 for $800 more than my 05 but it only had the 36k warranty so I went with the 70k w/05. If Jeep allowed the LIFETIME on th GC...it would be in my driveway. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|