LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Need CRD Help
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29745
Page 1 of 1

Author:  crawdad-480 [ Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:05 am ]
Post subject:  Need CRD Help

Greetings,

I have a 06 CRD and like most of us had the F37 done. :-)r I've done a couple of mods (orm, lift
pump and replaced the TCM with an 05 tcm & inmotion tune). The driveability is better, but
it seems louder when accelertaing than the 05 CRD I have. I can't seem to pinpoint the location
of the noise. The only time the noise shows up is when I'm driving. There is no specific attributes of
the noise (such as clatter, ticking etc), just generally louder. If it's parked or in neutral it's very quiet.
I'm thinking about going back to the dealer and seeing what can be done about the shift points.
(probably nothing, but you never know). Anyhow, I put it back to stock, and now the noise is significantly
reduced from before. I was hoping it would stay noisy and give me something to work with at the dealer.

I was thinking the extra noise may be coming from the transmission, but unless I can run at 45 mph
or strap myself to the hood of the car, I can't seem to pinpoint the noise.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than go fly a kite, that I could look into? I would
greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks :D

Author:  dgeist [ Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Need CRD Help

crawdad-480 wrote:
The driveability is better, but
it seems louder when accelertaing than the 05 CRD I have. I can't seem to pinpoint the location
of the noise. The only time the noise shows up is when I'm driving. There is no specific attributes of
the noise (such as clatter, ticking etc), just generally louder.

Thanks :D


Hi, I know you said there isn't a specific attribute, but is it exhaust noise, wind noise, road noise (tires, etc) metallic sounding? Does it appear to come from one direction (even without pinpointing it). Otherwise, the kite idea sounds good. :wink:

Author:  MrMopar64 [ Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would guess that it is a combination of the 05 TCM in an 06 and the inmotion tune. 05 and 06 CRDs have different SW in EDC16, so there might be some messaging incompatibility between ECU and TCM, especially with regard to ESP/ABS. For the noise, does it sound just like the combustion is noisier (the "tractor" noise) or does it sound more external? If it is that the "tractor" noise is louder then that's a result of the inmotion tune.

Author:  nescosmo [ Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:53 am ]
Post subject: 

Check your alternator, it could be that the front bering is noisy. I do not know how much mileage you have in you CRD but it worth to take it look.

nescosmo.....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/